Monday, January 5, 2009

Whew!

The holidays are over. I'm kind of sad about that. I love the holidays, though this year they were definitely a little different. I'm such a social person so having to stay home most of the time was a little hard for me. Josh went to his family party and Sasha and I stayed home. I know it's all for the best, but it was still kind of hard. My mom and Chris came over Christmas morning and we had our now traditional Christmas breakfast of bacon/ham, egg, and cheese crepes. It was yummy! It was pretty much just another day of eating, sleeping and pooping for Sasha, but she sure looked cute in the Christmas outfit Grandma DeEtte gave her. We had a webcam Christmas with my brothers Ryan and Scott and their families. Well, we tried anyway. It didn't work out quite as smoothly as we had hoped. First, Chris' computer took FOREVER to load. By the time we got it working Scott and his family had to leave for other Christmas parties and Sasha fell asleep. But we got to see the kids open their presents, which was fun. Then we chatted for a while and looked at cute cousins Sasha and Violette. It was a pretty calm day. My dad and Joni came for Christmas the Saturday before, they had decided to head back to their place in Mesquite for Christmas for a little peace and quiet.
Christmas Eve Sasha went to see Grandma Pat and Grandma Ruby. G-Pat had only seen pictures of my beautiful girl so it was fun to spend a few hours with her. Grandma was very excited to see her and just couldn't stop staring at her! She's still working on a nickname for the little gal, but whatever it is, it will be great. Great, but not better than my nickname- Nell. My mom called me Nella Prunella. Don't ask me where it came from, but somehow it stuck.
New Year's was pretty boring. I think we were all in bed by 11:00. We did wake up when we heard the neighbors lighting fireworks, but that's about it. We're pretty boring NYE people, but that's ok. New Year's Day was much more exciting. Josh and I went shopping and stocked up on Christmas decorations. With all the lights we bought we now have enough to decorate the Griswold's house three times over and we got a ton of new ornaments. We saved about $200 on all the stuff we got- how cool is that!!! Everything was so cheap! Sure there wasn't a huge selection, but we still got some really nice stuff. I think that will be a new tradition for us.
Friday was the big game, and boy was it awesome!!! I did not expect the Utes to play as well as they did against 'Bama, but boy did we show the world what Utah football can do! Hopefully BYU will come through next year and both teams will get into the BCS and prove that we can play with the so-called 'big boys' of college football. Me likes a good football game!
Enjoy the photos. It's hard to believe she's 5 weeks old! I CAN'T WAIT to take her out with me! I'm such a pick-up-and-go person that the biggest adjustment has been having to wait until Josh gets home to go run any errands. Stupid RSV. You know, it only effects like 2% of all infants, which is SO low, but it's just not worth the risk. I would be so heartbroken for her to get sick just cause I wanted to go window shopping. So we wait . . .
Want to know the best way to get a whole bunch of new kitchen stuff for Christmas? Invite your mom and Grandma over to cook Thanksgiving dinner at your house. Mine saw that we had almost no spices (and what we did have was AT LEAST 8 years old), a crappy knife set and an assortment of used pots and pans. So what did we get for Christmas??? A ton of new spices, a REALLY NICE set of pots and pans and a 15 piece knife set. Not to mention the two cookbooks I got from Joni and Amberly. I'm a domestic diva now, baby!!!

Sasha chillin' in her usual spot- the bouncy chair. And looking so cute in her Christmas outfit!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Was this Christmas? She did NOT look that big when we came over!! She sure is a cutie!

Munchy's Mama said...

Sasha looks fierce in her Christmas outfit!(o= 5 weeks old, wow!
Too cute!

Team Box! said...

she's so cute! sounds like you had a low key, relaxing week, thats the way it should be with a new baby!
oh, and yes we got the apples, they were amazing and gone within the day. Thanks! I'm so sorry I didn't get the holiday hangings for the welcome sign, you must understand though, we're in the same shoes with a new baby and all! Lets get together soon

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

Merry Christmas a little late and I love her sweet announcement