You Belong in 1957
You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Springtime at our house also means lots of projects in the yard . . . which also means that Josh gets to spend lots of time with his dad. These two are always working on one project or another out in the yard! But it's great because Josh gets to spend lots of time with Howard and he is learning a lot from him. Some good father-son bonding time is never a bad thing!
And here is the new crown jewel of our yard . . .
That's right, we got a hot tub! My mom has had it at her house since they bought it, but they have never used it . . . in fact, the last time it was used was about a year ago when we had rubber ducky races across the hot tub at Oliver's birthday party! So they said if we could move it, we could have it! But oh boy, was moving that thing ever an adventure. I should have taken pictures of it, but I didn't have my camera (I know, poor excuse!). Somehow Josh, Chris, Mike and three other guys got this behemoth into the back of a 17 ft. U Haul truck- that was the smallest truck it would fit in- but when we got it home, the boys were a little befuddled as to how to get it out of the truck and into the backyard. As luck would have it, a neighbor around the corner is tearing out his front yard and using one of those Bobcat things to haul the dirt around. So he brought it around to our house and the boys pushed the hot tub out of the back of the truck and our neighbor lifted one corner of the hot tub while the other five guys surrounded the rest of the hot tub and that is how they carried it to the backyard. It was sort of crazy to watch, but they did it!
Oh don't worry, we'll be having plenty of parties at our house this summer!!!
Friday, April 25, 2008
You Are Ariel!
Headstrong and fiesty. You have a mind of your own that's full of romantic dreams about the world around you. Exploring exotic places is your ultimate dream, and although you can be a little naive you'll realize that there is something to be gained from your family's wisdom.
Which Disney Princess Are You?
Sunday, April 13, 2008
1. I actually enjoy being domestic. Okay, so I don't LOVE to clean the house, but I love to cook and make things.
2. I love to play tennis. I'm not very good at it, but I love to play it . . . so if anyone needs a partner, give me a call!
3. I cry very easily, especially at movies or a good song on the radio.
4. I like corn dogs. I know that's kind of gross, but there is just something good and classic about a corn dog.
5. I actually enjoy getting lost when I travel to new cities. I didn't used to, it used to freak me out. But now when I have time I try to get lost so that I can discover new things.
6. I like to fish. I used to go a lot with my dad when I was younger and I loved it! I haven't been fishing with him in a long time and I would love to go again.
7. I wish I had more time to do theater. I was in plays in Jr. High and High School and I loved it! I miss doing it.
8. I was named after the bionic woman, Lindsay Wagner.
9. I wish I would have stuck with piano (just like Staci!) Especially since I teach music in Primary, it would be cool to be able to play the songs, too.
10. I wish I was better at creative writing. I would love to write a book or a novel.
11. A job I would love to have is to be a personal shopper. Helping other people and doing what they don't have time to do would be so much fun!
12. I have always wanted to live in New York City and San Francisco. They are two of the coolest cities ever (never been to NYC)
13. I envy my husbands guts and ability to start his own business.
14. I wish I had a middle name.
15. I'm a bad driver.
16. I'm a big sneezer. I have never been one of those people that can contain a sneeze, or just do little ones. When I'm going to sneeze, clear the room!
17. I love to paint. Not pictures, I'm a horrible artist, but if its painting a room or anything one solid color, I love to do it!
18. I secretly want twins! When I have kids, I hope to have twins. But I doubt that will happen since neither Josh or I have any twins in our family. Oh well.
19. I have moved 14 times in 26 1/2 years
20. I am really cranky in the morning if I don't get to wake up on my own. I hate the alarm and it makes me cranky!!!
21. I can't bake bread. Not even Rhodes Rolls!!!
22. I make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. No one beats my cookies!
23. I miss my cabin in bear lake. It was so fun to be up there relaxing with the fam.
24. I am lazy. Seriously. If I can avoid working I will!
25. I had a boob job three years ago. Don't get too excited, it was a reduction, NOT enhancement!!! I just like telling people I've had a boob job and see what their reaction is! Ha ha!
Now I tag Sabrina, Whitney, Amberly, Mandy, Natalie, Sierra and Kirsten. Can't wait to see your responses!!!