Saturday, February 28, 2009
There was a silent auction (I didn't win anything :( ) and then they had a fashion show and auction for these DARLING princess dresses. These little models were so cute! Unfortunately I am not a pro photographer and kept snapping shots just a second too late so you can't see most of thier faces, but these dresses were so cute.
This is the cute shirt that Auntie Des made for Sasha for Christmas. It says 'Born to Shop' It looks so cute on her! And she definitely was born to shop. I took her to the mall a couple of weeks ago and she did great! I took her into the dressing room with me and she helped me pick out some new shirts. She has very good taste already, I can tell.
We went out to dinner last night as a family, it was great. I'll bet Whitney can guess where we went . . . . CHARLIE CHOW'S!!! I LOVE Charlie Chow's! The food is always so good and the service is awesome, too. Sasha liked it too, she was flirting with our waiter. Too bad she's only three months old and too bad he was gay, lol! :)
I feel like such a lucky woman. I have a great husband who works hard for our family. I have a good job (even though I don't like it, at least I have one) and I have the most beautiful daughter. I'm also lucky to have so much family close by to help us out with whatever we need whenever we need it. I live in a great neighborhood with wonderful neighbors that are all just really great people. I have a really great life and I am thankful every day for it.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Selly, Deb, and Nangela- three kick a$$ saleswomen!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Q: Type in "[your name] needs" in the Google search.
A: Skinny Lindsay needs some food
Q: Type in "[your name] looks like" in Google search.
A: So that's what Lindsay looks like without the mystic tan
Q: Type in "[your name] says" in Google search.
A: Lindsay says its her hectic life, not Sam, causing her stress (But I am a SAM- strategic account manager- and that is causing all my stress!!!)
Q: Type in "[your name] wants" in Google search.
A: Lindsay wants to marry lesbian lover. (Oh geez)
Q: Type in "[your name] does" in Google search.
A: Lindsay does 'Ugly Betty'
Q: Type in "[your name] hates" in Google search.
A: Lindsay hates myspace
Q: Type in "[your name] asks" in Google search.
A: Camera shy Lindsay asks for deposition blackout
Q: Type in "[your name] likes " in Google search.
A: Lindsay likes it naked. (this is what I get for sharing my name with a crazy celebrity. Thanks mom.)
Q: Type in "[your name] eats " in Google search.
A: Lindsay eats hand sanitizer. (Ewww gross)
Q: Type in "[your name] wears " in Google search.
A: Lindsay wears leggings when she's uncomfortable with her body
Q: Type in "[your name] was arrested for" in Google Search.
A: Lindsay was arrested for DUI, drugs (hey, the only laws I break are speed limits!)
Q: Type in "[your name] loves" in Google Search.
A: Lindsay loves leggings
Kind of interesting . . . see what Google has to say about you!
Hopefully I will have something more interesting than work to post about soon.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Josh is staying home this time around. For one he is WAY too busy at work to take a week off, plus Sasha is still too little to take on a plane. At least I think she is. I just don't want to risk getting her sick. :( I'm so very sad to leave again, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Besides, I'll be in meetings 95% of the time so it's not like I get to go out and enjoy the park much either.
Oh, and I think I might go back to school. Yes, I was extremely glad to graduate, but I think I need a change and I want to go back to school. I will most likely get a second BA in Journalism then maybe, MAYBE, get a masters in communications. We'll see. Looks like the Lakin family will never see the end of school!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. Be one of the first THREE bloggers to leave a comment on this post, which then entitles you to a handmade item from me - something crafty or yummy, who knows?!
2. Winners must post this challenge on their blog, meaning that they will Pay It Forward, creating a handmade gift -anything!- for the first THREE bloggers who leave a comment on their post about this giveaway!
3. The gift that you send to your friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. This means you should be willing to maintain your blog at least until you receive your gift and have shipped your gifts. And, remember: It’s the Spirit and the Thought That Count!
4. When you receive your gift, please feel free to blog about it, sharing appropriate pictures and comments! If you are not one of the Top Three Commenters on this post, you can still play along.
Go ahead and start your own Pay It Forward chain, and encourage your blogging friends to do the same! SO, REMEMBER...Pay It Forward!
P.S. If you are one of the first three and don't have a blog to post on I have come up with a wonderful idea. Take the next three friends that call you just to chat and Pay It Forward to them! Then challenge them to do the same :) Let's help make this a wonderful world to live in and show our friends how much we care for them :)
Monday, February 9, 2009
I was tagged by my friend A to do this . . .
Go to your pictures folder and open the 4th folder and the 4th picture in that folder and post it to your blog. Tell us about it.
This picture was taken on our trip to Astoria, Oregon last year (yes for all you children of the 80's- where the Goonies live). We went to the Maritime museum and I took a picture of ten things fishermen do for luck. Since you can't read them in the picture, here they are:
10- It's bad luck to leave for a fishing trip on a Friday
9- Rabbits or pigs should never be mentioned; they're bad luck
8- Never whistle on board; it calls up the wind
7- Never cook pea soup on board a fishing boat; it brings stormy weather
6- Don't take off the hatch cover until the first fish is landed
5- Never leave the hatch covers upside down
4- No suitcases on board; only farmers carry suitcases
3- Cans of food, or anything else, must be stored with labels right-side up, to keep the boat from capsizing. Upside down cans can also throw off the compass
2- A boat's bottom paint is better if applied by the light of the full moon
1- Fish bite best before a storm
Now I expect your next fishing trip to be a complete success!!!
Hey bloggin' friends & stalkers! ;) I got an email from Blurb the other day saying that they have brought back their option to make a blog into a book (if you are using Blogger). They had taken it off their website a while ago and I was a little disappointed because I was planning on doing a book. I don't want this blog to go to waste. I have so many pictures and basically it's my journal, so I want to get a hard copy of it just in case the internet copy is suddenly gone one day. Anywho, I got this email the other day saying they are again open for business for Blogger! Can I get a woot woot?! So I have started my blog book! I'm excited! If you want to get one just head to their website - www.blurb.com and you'll have to download the Book Smart software. It didn't take too long to download. Then it "slurps" your blog into it and then you can edit your book and make it how you want it. As of now, mine is 300 some odd pages. Woah! But hold the phone people, Blurb is actually pretty affordable. For that many pages, it was only going to be like $63 or something. Sweet eh? I'm excited to get my blog book going & finished. Although, that just means I'll be spending even MORE time at my computer. But it's for a good cause right?
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
23.5 inches tall (88%)
10 lbs. 6 oz. (45%)
Head is 15.5 in (69%)
A few people have commented that she looks older than two months. I can't really tell, I just think she's beautiful!
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was totally excited- Josh thought it was an April Fool's Joke ( I took the test on April 1)
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Not even close
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 26
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? It was the first month that I was testing my ovulation. I wasn't even keeping track of my periods cause I figured it would take a couple of months. One day I realized I hadn't had a period in a while so I took a test.
7. Who did you tell first? Josh, our parents and Cari
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Of Course! How's a girl supposed to shop if she doesn't know what she's having!?
9. DUE DATE? Due Date was 11/27 but she didn't come until 12/1
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, but only when I didn't have my milk first thing in the morning.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Milk Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfasts
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Trying to roll over in bed. And people always asking me, "How are you feeling?" or "Are you getting excited?" Priscilla
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes and we got the best gifts ever! This child wants for nothing!!!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about them
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Nope, I had it pretty easy I think. I was anemic and had to take iron, but I don't think that really counts
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Lakeview
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I guess about 12 hours? I was induced and the contractions didn't really start until after the doc broke my water. When does labor really start???
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Josh. It was sort of anti-climatic since I was induced. I think we were both expecting some exciting race to the hospital where a cop pulls us over and Josh shouting out the window "WOMAN IN LABOR!" Or maybe that's what we were hoping for . . .
23. DID YOUR WATER BREAK NATURALLY? No. My doctor came in and did it.
24. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
25. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Uh yeah. I'm not a glutton for punishment
26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 6 oz.
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? December 1, 2008
28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Sasha DeEtte Lakin
29. Biggest surprise during childbirth? It was pretty easy. It wasn't some majorly dramatic thing like you see on TV. It was very cool and very emotional, but it was much calmer than I expected it to be.
30. GREATEST MEMORY ABOUT CHILDBIRTH? The fact that we both survived and were very healthy
31. DID YOU BREASTFEED? Ha! Nope. I'm a dysfunctional cow.
I love this kid. I really cannot imagine life without her. I don't even remember what it was like and that was only two months ago!!!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
We got in late Thursday night since we left after work. Friday Josh and Chris worked out, Sasha and I bummed around with Howard and Lily for a while. Then we did a little shopping and went to the Dinosaur Tracks Site at Johnson Farm. It was pretty cool, I guess. Then Friday night we went to dinner with my dad and Joni to celebrate their birthdays. Of course we pick one of the busiest restaurants in SG- Texas Road House - but it was SO WORTH IT! The place was way crowded and the music was loud and the food was great- just perfect.
Saturday we drove around and looked at houses around SG. Howard and Lily - well really only Lily - want a winter home down there so we browsed a bit, but didn't find anything we just had to have. Then we had a yummy dinner at the Olive Garden. We drove home Sunday. We didn't leave until almost 3 so we missed most of the super bowl. I hear it was a pretty good game. We weren't really that invested in the game anyway.
Stupid me didn't pull out the camera for all of our adventures but we did take some pics before we left.
Sasha and Grandpa Don
Sweet little Sasha, enjoying the ride
Just chillin' in the back seat with my girl . . .
Our car was crammed full of stuff!!! There is definitely a lot more to take along with a little one. It used to be we would just throw in a couple of bags and be out the door. Not anymore!!! But we love our new little travel buddy. This was the back seat . . .
And this is the very back of the Jeep. I think we need a bigger car.