Monday, January 26, 2009

I made it to Portland

Okay, I actually got out of the house, to the airport, and on the plane. So far I'm OK. I started to cry as I was holding Sasha right before I left. Poor Josh. He asked why I never cried when I left him. The truth is, I cry a little each time I have to leave. Leaving that sweet little thing is just not easy. Oh the sacrifices I am making for this girl. I know she could care less about where we live, but it is really important to me that she grow up in a good neighborhood with good friends and we live in the BEST neighborhood- I love our neighbors and their kids. I just have to take this as motivation to kick butt at my job and get things paid off so that I can do something else that doesn't take me so far away so often.
Speaking of that something else . . .I have decided to being pursuing my dream of being an event planner. If you know of anyone getting married or throwing a major bash (anniversary party, business event, birthday party- whatever. No event is too large or too small) my services are extremely cheap! Since I am starting out I won't charge very much but I will assist in throwing the best party your money can buy! Most planners charge about 20% of the cost of the event, I am only charging 5% for now. I'm sure this won't make it worth my time yet, but I am willing to do it for next to nothing in order to build a portfolio. I have a serious passion for bringing people together to celebrate, no matter what the occasion. So spread the word and let me know!

2 comments:

Sowells said...

Oh Lindsay - I want to cry for you! I can't imagine that! It will all be worth it though. I bet Sasha and Josh will have some great bonding time.

AmberlyGreen said...

I bet if Sasha could choose, she'd choose having you over all of it! :) Hope your trip goes better!