Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Page in History


What an incredible day in our history. I have never watched a presidential inauguration until today, but I have to say that I am very proud to be alive during this great time. It is truly awesome to see our first black president and I can't wait to see the first woman president- whoever that may be. I am excited to see what President Obama does in the next 4 years. I appreciate that he is calling all Americans to responsibility. Fingers have been pointed in all directions lately and it is nice to see someone encouraging all of us to step up and take responsibility for our actions and our decisions. That is a theme that I hope will stick during the next four years and beyond. I also hope the Bush family will finally enjoy some peace and quiet. Whether you liked President Bush or not or agreed with the decisions he made, he is a great man that dealt with a lot over the last 8 years. It is certainly not a job that I want but I admire the men that have stepped up and taken the job and done the best they could with what they had.
God Bless America!

2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Amen!!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Ha ha...I used that same pic on my blog! It was the only good one that came up when I did a search on Google!