Sunday, March 30, 2008
You Are an Apple
You are strong, powerful, and even a bit stubborn at times.
You have enough strength to help those around you in trouble.
You are adventurous and charming. Many people are drawn to you.
You love life, and you enjoy traveling the world. You enjoy fine food, art, and culture.
People have accused you of being a snob, but that's not accurate.
You do enjoy the best things in life. Unlike snobs, you truly appreciate quality... not just pretend to.
|What Lindsay Means|
I is for Insane
N is for Natural
D is for Devilish
S is for Saucy
A is for Articulate
Y is for Young
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Josh, Me, Jill and Brian after riding the Rockin' Rollercoaster for the third time in a row. Best rollercoaster ever, in my opinion! I work with Brian so while he and I sat in boring meetings for two and a half days Josh and Jill got to go play in the park. They rode the Expedition Everest ride 3 times in ten minutes! January is a good time to go to DisneyWorld, it's pretty slow on the weekdays.
We scored some tickets to the NBA Playoffs last year between the Jazz and the Warrior's- final game in that round. I don't think I have ever been in a place so loud! I felt bad for the Warrior's when the entire ESA started shouting "Warrior's Suck!" Okay so I only felt bad for a second, but I still felt bad. It was the greatest game!
Me, Josh, Tara, Jamie and a couple of guys they picked up on the corner. Just kidding! I just can't remember their names. But I haven't seen them since that night so I think it's pretty safe to say they won't be reading my blog. (If either of you do, I'm sorry!)
Our kitten Priscilla. She's a little bigger now, we've had her about a year. Elvis was getting lonely. She's a holey terror. And I mean HOLES! She rips everything she can get her little paws on apart, but Josh won't let me de-claw her. He clips her claws, which is good because he would have had to buy me a whole new set of chairs for our dining room about three times now!
And here's Elvis. He's much bigger now than in this picture, but I haven't taken any of him in a while. He's huge, but he is the gentlest cat in the world!
Graduation day! I graduated from WSU in 2005. It was such a great day!!!
Brad Paisley Concert at ESA in December '07. I went in '06 too but my camera batteries died! I'm part of the fan club so we got awesome seats- 7th row! I went with my mom and we had a total blast! And I'm kind of in love with Chuck Wicks now. If you don't know him he sings the song "Stealing Cinderella." If you like country- go get his cd, it is so good!
Me and Josh in Huatulco, Mexico in January '07, same as the pic below. This was down on the beach. It was so nice there . . . we got to relax, do nothing, and be waited on by sweet Josefina (meaning we didn't have to cook or clean). Awesome!
We borrowed Jill and Amy's sombrero's while we were waiting at the airport. I think mine's cuter!
Here we are at the Jazz game- same game from above. I was having a super good hair day that day. . . that doesn't happen often.
This was taken at the mission in San Luis Obispo, California. We went there for a week in November '07. It was our first Turkey Day away from home and . . . surprisingly nice! We did miss our families but on the other hand it was kind of nice to just hang out by ourselves and not have to do all this rushing around!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
So I'm puttin the word out! If any of you know of anyone that needs or would like to hire someone with a BA in communications/PR with sales, training and management experience, I'm your girl! Seriously, I am looking for almost anything! I do have some salary requirements and I would prefer not to travel, or have very little travel out of state. It's all about networking and who you know, right?
Thanks to all my great and wonderful friends that are such a support to me! love you all!!!Y
Saturday, March 15, 2008
1. Song that always makes you sad?: Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood. I'm sure there are others, but that one always makes me want to cry.
2. Last thing you bought?: My Boss' birthday gift
3. Last person you argued with?: My boss
4. Do you put Butter before putting the jelly on?: Always!.
5. One of your stuffed animals' names as a kid?: I don't remember.
6. Did you ever own at one time a Nysnc Cd?: Heck yeah! Great work out music!
7. Favorite day of the week?: Friday
8. Favorite Sundae topping?: caramel and fudge
9. Did you take Piano lessons?: When I was a kid. I wish I would have kept doing it though. Maybe one day I'll start back up again
10. Most frequent song played?: What is this feeling from the Wicked musical soundtrack. 84 times!
11. T.V. show you secretly enjoy?: CSI and CSI Miami
12. Would you rather play basketball or hockey?: Basketball. Have you ever seen me on ice? Not that I can dribble and run at the same time . . .
13. Date someone older or younger?: Older.
14. One place you could travel right now?: Hawaii, Caribbean, Italy . . . anywhere that would keep me from working
15. Do you use umbrellas?: I love umbrellas, they make me feel so classy when I get to use one.
16. Do you know all the words to the Canadian national anthem?: Um no. But I know who does!
17. Favorite Cheese?: String cheese or cream cheese, or melted cheese
18. Disturbed or My Chemical Romance?: I guess My Chemical Romance because I don't know of any songs by Disturbed.
19. Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes?: Brunettes! We are way more fun!
20. Best job you ever had?: Haven't really loved any of the jobs I have had . . . But probably liked being a receptionist the best.
21. Did you go to your high school prom?: Sophomore year I did, but Sr. year I went to West High's (Josh didn't want to be one of those losers that shows up to his school's prom two years after he graduated. Can't say that I blame him!)
22. Perfect time to wake up?: 9:00am
23. Perfect time to go to bed?: Midnight
24. Do you use your queen right away in chess?: I have never played chess
25. Ever been in a car accident?: Yes, caused one and been hit. It sucks!
26. Closer to mom or dad...or neither?: Closer to mom than dad, but not REAL close to either one
27. What age is this exciting life over for you?: I'd like to live to be 100, that would be cool. .
28. What decade during the 20th century would you have chosen to be a teenager?: The 90's weren't too bad . . .
29. Favorite shoes you have EVER owned?: My black wood Candies shoes. They were so cute and went with EVERYTHING!
30. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school: Just the vest I got as VP of the Debate club. Yes that's right, I was the VP of the Debate team in high school. You can all laugh histerically now . . .
31. Were you in track and field?: No but I should have been, I might be in better shape today!
32. Were you ever in a school talent show?: Like back in the 2nd grade. Me and my friend Stefanie made up a dance to Kokomo and my mom made us these really cool outfits. They were neon pink, green, yellow and purple. We wore two pairs of socks (lime green and pink) with our white keds and had matching scrunchies with our ponytails on the side of our head. I only wish I had a digital of the picture. We thought we were so cool!
33. Have you ever written in a library book?: Not that I can recal . . .
34. Allergic to?: House cleaning
35. Favorite fruit?: Strawberries, especially when dipped in chocolate
36. Have you watched sex and the city?: Yeah, I like Charlotte.
37. Baseball hat or toque?: baseball hat
38. Do you shampoo first in the shower or soap?: shampoo
39. Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste?: wet the toothbrush
40. Pen or pencil?: pencil
41. Have you ever gambled at a casino?: Yes I played blackjack in Vegas. I lost $40 in ten minutes!.
42. Have you thrown up on a plane?: No
43. Have you thrown up in a car?: Yes, sadly. It was valentines day and I was in preschool. My mom made me a really pretty white and red dress. I ate too much at our little party and threw up red cookies and punch all over the tan interior of my mom's Mercedes Benz. Let's just say we both wanted to cry when all was said and done!
44. Have you thrown up at work?: Yes
45. Do you scream on roller coasters?: Yes, I'm a fraidy cat, but they're fun!
46. Who was your first prom date?: Chris Richter
47. Who was your first roommate?: Josh. Unless you count Sierra when I lived with my dad.
48. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk for the first time?: Never been drunk but rum and coke is NASTY!
49. What was your first job?: Clerk at Hammond Toys in 5 points mall
50. What was your first car?: 89 Toyota Tercel Hatchback
51. When did you go to your first funeral?: I don't remember.
52. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?: I consider my hometown to be Davis County since I moved around so much growing up and I've never lived outside of it.
53. Who was your first grade teacher?: Mrs. Stanton. I remember she had a really shiny face
54. Where did you go on your first airplane ride?: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
55. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?: Kristy Perkins, Julie Higley and Stephanie Stephens I think. No wait! It was Stefanie Robins and Marlo Peck! We'd sneak out of the Stefanie's house and run to the vending machines in the condo complex which were less than 100 yards from her house, but we thought we were so cool!
56. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?: Stefanie Blackner. I lost track of her for a few years after elementary, went to her wedding, lost her again, but found her again on MySpace about 6 months ago.
57. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parent's house?: Josh's parents house. We moved in with them after we got married then they went on a mission.
58. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?: Josh or Amberly
59. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsman: First time I was a bridesmaid was for my brother Ryan's first wedding.
60. What is the first thing you do in the morning?: Hit the snooze button and pretend it never went off in the first place.
61. What was the first concert you attended?: The first one I remember is Neil Diamond
62. First tattoo or piercing?: I got my ears peirced when I was 8
63. First celebrity crush?: Uncle Jessie on Full House (John Stamos is still hot!)