Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunny St. George

We're Ba-ack!! We had a nice time down in sunny SG. It was around 60 degrees every day, the sun was out, no inversion and we didn't have any responsibilities. It was great! Sasha did awesome on the drive down and back. She's going to be a great road warrior like her mom and dad!
We got in late Thursday night since we left after work. Friday Josh and Chris worked out, Sasha and I bummed around with Howard and Lily for a while. Then we did a little shopping and went to the Dinosaur Tracks Site at Johnson Farm. It was pretty cool, I guess. Then Friday night we went to dinner with my dad and Joni to celebrate their birthdays. Of course we pick one of the busiest restaurants in SG- Texas Road House - but it was SO WORTH IT! The place was way crowded and the music was loud and the food was great- just perfect.
Saturday we drove around and looked at houses around SG. Howard and Lily - well really only Lily - want a winter home down there so we browsed a bit, but didn't find anything we just had to have. Then we had a yummy dinner at the Olive Garden. We drove home Sunday. We didn't leave until almost 3 so we missed most of the super bowl. I hear it was a pretty good game. We weren't really that invested in the game anyway.
Stupid me didn't pull out the camera for all of our adventures but we did take some pics before we left.

Sasha and Grandpa Don
Josh, G-Don, Sasha, me and Chris
Usually my dad is the one not smiling in pictures- this time it was Sasha. Let's not make that a habit, sweetheart!
Sasha and Grandma Joni
Me and my studly brother Chris. He is such a good looking, and good, kid! We always like having him around. It gives Josh someone to play with!
Josh, Me, Sasha, Grandpa Howard and Grandma Lily
Our first family vacation!



Chris has never been to In-N-Out Burger, so we HAD to stop for lunch before we hit the road. He enjoyed it.
Josh and Chris couldn't find the game on a decent radio station so they decided to watch a movie on the drive home. The sound on Josh's computer wasn't loud enough so they shared headphones. Look how sweet!
Sweet little Sasha, enjoying the ride
Just chillin' in the back seat with my girl . . .
Our car was crammed full of stuff!!! There is definitely a lot more to take along with a little one. It used to be we would just throw in a couple of bags and be out the door. Not anymore!!! But we love our new little travel buddy. This was the back seat . . .
And this is the very back of the Jeep. I think we need a bigger car.




8 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like you had fun! Wow Linds, you look great! So does Sasha ;) I love her picture in the car seat, she looks so sweet.

Sowells said...

We are sooooooo homesick for St. George!!!

Brad Hyde Family said...

You are so brave! I need to be braver. I didn't travel very far until Maycee was 2! We went to Boise. Looks like you had a great time! Sasha is darling!!!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Wow!!! Sasha's first road trip!!! WOOT WOOT!!! That picture of her in her car seat melts my heart! She is simply the most beautiful baby!!!!! I can't wait until we can come play again!

We are headed down to St. George for the Parade of Homes on the 20th. Yay!

We miss you!!!!!!

Munchy's Mama said...

Ha-ha-ha, I love the pic of your backseat, that's hilarious! I know, who knew babies could have so much baggage! (o=

Jenn said...

wow, I was just catching up, you've had a crazy month! Sound like fun to end it with a vacation though! Her pics are so cute.

staci said...

Looks like good times! Wasn't the weather so nice this past weekend? Sasha is an absolute doll! I can't believe how big she is looking already! She is a gorgeous baby, seriously! Hope she is sleeping at night for you too! :)

Cari said...

K so you came down to St. George and I didn't even hear from you??? Just kidding, I was actually up at Inner Woman, which was fabulous! But if you ever come down, you must call me so we can hang!