Monday, February 9, 2009

Copy Cat

I got this tip from my friend Staci's blog and thought I should spread the news . . .

Hey bloggin' friends & stalkers! ;) I got an email from Blurb the other day saying that they have brought back their option to make a blog into a book (if you are using Blogger). They had taken it off their website a while ago and I was a little disappointed because I was planning on doing a book. I don't want this blog to go to waste. I have so many pictures and basically it's my journal, so I want to get a hard copy of it just in case the internet copy is suddenly gone one day. Anywho, I got this email the other day saying they are again open for business for Blogger! Can I get a woot woot?! So I have started my blog book! I'm excited! If you want to get one just head to their website - www.blurb.com and you'll have to download the Book Smart software. It didn't take too long to download. Then it "slurps" your blog into it and then you can edit your book and make it how you want it. As of now, mine is 300 some odd pages. Woah! But hold the phone people, Blurb is actually pretty affordable. For that many pages, it was only going to be like $63 or something. Sweet eh? I'm excited to get my blog book going & finished. Although, that just means I'll be spending even MORE time at my computer. But it's for a good cause right?

2 comments:

staci said...

Glad you're spreading the word. I'm super excited about getting my blog book going. However, after re-reading what I had written and seeing it posted on your blog, I think I seriously sound like the biggest DORK! Oh well!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

YAY...BLURB! That is the website I was talking about on my last comment!!!! It's fun...my only gripe is that I cannot create the page layout myself. I have to use one of their templates. At least...I haven't figured out a way to create my own. If you know something I don't...let me know!!!!!!!! Good luck. It's as addicting as actually blogging. I was up until 3:30 the other night (morning) creating pages! Love it!!!!