Thursday, February 5, 2009

Realization!

I realized something very cool today. I have become a journaler. I have tried to keep journals in the past, but for some reason I could never keep at it for very long. I just never stuck with it. And yes, I scrapbook, but I'm falling way behind on that so it doesn't count. Plus I don't put the boring, mundane, day-to-day things in a scrapbook- just the stuff I take pictures of. But now that I have a blog, I think I can consider myself a journaler. When I first started this blog I didn't think I would update it that often. Little did I know how addicted I would become to it! Why is that? Maybe I like sharing things with you about my life. Maybe I like the fact that other people are reading this and are at least feigning interest in my life and what happens. I know that I am interested in your lives and the things you post on your blog. I check them sometimes three times a day! Thanks to the 'following' feature it takes me a lot less time to blog stalk you. But I have to tell you, I hate it when you go for long periods of time without posting anything. I know things are happening in your life and I want to know about them! I know I am guilty of the same thing from time to time, but I do my best. And even if you don't really care about what is happening in my life I'm still going to keep updating this blog. So sorry if it gets boring at times, or I gush about my kid too much. It's my life and this is what's happening in it. Thank you for reading, thank you for leaving comments and thank you for inviting me to your blog and allowing me a glimpse into your life. Even if we don't talk on the phone or face to face much, I feel like I am still close to you, even when our hectic and busy lives keep us physically apart.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Of course its a journal! I love blogging too. I love reading about other people and their lives. Mine is so routine and boring that I live through others sometimes!

Jenn said...

Hi! I am stalking your blog (in a good way). I hope that is okay. We actually went to high school together - I don't know if you even know who I am or would recognize me at all. Anyway, I am totally addicted to blogging and love reading about peoples lives. I love reading your blog, because we had babies on the same day, and interestingly enough they were born exactly 12 hours apart. Sasha is so cute and smiley! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up? It is exciting and sad at the same time! :)
Jenn (Johnson) Phipps
phipps4blog.blogspot.com
Feel free to visit my blog and leave a comment if you would like:)

AmberlyGreen said...

I get the hint.

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Hey Linds...you are so funny! YOU JUST REALIZED THIS? Ha ha ha...

Anyway...I realized it about 2 weeks ago (ha ha ha ha...) and I found a great website (through a recommendation by a friend) that you can convert your blog into a book. Sooooo...that is what I am working on right now. I am doing a 2008 book...and then next year, I will do a 2009 book and so on and so forth. I am going to order 2 copies - one for Jake for future purposes. It is so much fun because I get to go back and see all the wonderful things we did last year! It is actually kind of a 'baby book' for Jake - however, I will still manually make one - because I have too many stamps, paper and embellishments that I don't want to go to waste!!!!!