Monday, February 16, 2009

And I'm off like a prom dress . . .

Well, tomorrow I head out on my second business trip since Sasha was born. We'll see how it goes. Yeah, sure I'm going to DisneyWorld, but its no fun when you go by yourself.

Josh is staying home this time around. For one he is WAY too busy at work to take a week off, plus Sasha is still too little to take on a plane. At least I think she is. I just don't want to risk getting her sick. :( I'm so very sad to leave again, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Besides, I'll be in meetings 95% of the time so it's not like I get to go out and enjoy the park much either.

Oh, and I think I might go back to school. Yes, I was extremely glad to graduate, but I think I need a change and I want to go back to school. I will most likely get a second BA in Journalism then maybe, MAYBE, get a masters in communications. We'll see. Looks like the Lakin family will never see the end of school!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Sasha is so cute! I'm sorry you have to leave again so soon, I know its hard. By the way those apples looked wonderful!! I need to know how make those! Also, thanks for letting me know your here for everything!

A3 said...

disney world? awesome! that totally sucks you can't bring the family.

i think its awesome you're going to back to school!

have a safe trip!

Jenn said...

So true about how fast they grow up. It totally makes me sad to think about how fast they change. It is exciting and fun, but still sad to see my little baby growing up before my eyes...I'm sure you feel the same way. To answer a few of your questions - we are blessing Ruby on March 1st. She has been lucky and hasn't gotten sick yet, but I am worried that it will hit her soon. You guys are smart to wait a little while longer. It is so not fun having sick kids.

Have a fun and safe trip. I bet it is so hard leaving Sasha. Before long she will be able to go enjoy Disney World with you.

John and Stef said...

Hey, thanks for the attempted e-card! Sorry I didn't get it, but you're sweet to think of me! I did have a great birthday.
Sasha is SO cute, maybe she could just go in your over head?

Sowells said...

Love Sasha's card! School is fun,well kind of fun, and you would do great.