Thursday, February 5, 2009

How Sasha came to be

A different kind of survey for all you moms out there . . . tell us how your kids came to be.
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was totally excited- Josh thought it was an April Fool's Joke ( I took the test on April 1)
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Not even close
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 26
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? It was the first month that I was testing my ovulation. I wasn't even keeping track of my periods cause I figured it would take a couple of months. One day I realized I hadn't had a period in a while so I took a test.
7. Who did you tell first? Josh, our parents and Cari
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Of Course! How's a girl supposed to shop if she doesn't know what she's having!?
9. DUE DATE? Due Date was 11/27 but she didn't come until 12/1
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, but only when I didn't have my milk first thing in the morning.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Milk Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfasts
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Trying to roll over in bed. And people always asking me, "How are you feeling?" or "Are you getting excited?" Priscilla
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes and we got the best gifts ever! This child wants for nothing!!!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about them
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Nope, I had it pretty easy I think. I was anemic and had to take iron, but I don't think that really counts
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Lakeview
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I guess about 12 hours? I was induced and the contractions didn't really start until after the doc broke my water. When does labor really start???
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Josh. It was sort of anti-climatic since I was induced. I think we were both expecting some exciting race to the hospital where a cop pulls us over and Josh shouting out the window "WOMAN IN LABOR!" Or maybe that's what we were hoping for . . .
23. DID YOUR WATER BREAK NATURALLY? No. My doctor came in and did it.
24. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
25. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Uh yeah. I'm not a glutton for punishment
26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 6 oz.
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? December 1, 2008
28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Sasha DeEtte Lakin
29. Biggest surprise during childbirth? It was pretty easy. It wasn't some majorly dramatic thing like you see on TV. It was very cool and very emotional, but it was much calmer than I expected it to be.
30. GREATEST MEMORY ABOUT CHILDBIRTH? The fact that we both survived and were very healthy
31. DID YOU BREASTFEED? Ha! Nope. I'm a dysfunctional cow.

I love this kid. I really cannot imagine life without her. I don't even remember what it was like and that was only two months ago!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I didn't know quite what to expect when I saw the title of the blog! ha ha, That picture is so cute! She is getting so big