Monday, March 2, 2009

Stuck

Ah, the joys of travel. My flights for this trip weren't exactly ideal - I left SLC had to connect in Seattle to get back down to Eugene, OR. Well, we flew all the way down to Eugene and got diverted back to Seattle because of the weather. This trip is starting off well. Le sigh. But at least I'm safe and in one piece. I hate driving in heavy fog, I can't imagine what it would be like to fly in heavy rain and fog, those poor pilots. Some passengers didn't have very nice things to say, which I thought was rude because that can be a very stressful job. The crappy part was standing in the eternal line to get booked on another flight. Of course I had to get in the line with the gate agent that moved like a snail through molasses on the shady side of an iceberg in January! I was the last one out of there - it took forever! I wanted to strangle her when she said "thanks for waiting." Did I have a &%#^*@# choice??? Not really! And I'm a drowsy driver at night so I didn't want to just get a car and drive to Eugene. Way too far. There were some other people renting and sharing cars, but since I am traveling alone I knew that wasn't a good idea. Thank goodness there was a hotel available close by so I can at least sleep in a bed. For a couple of hours anyway.
Gee, I can't wait for my return flight on Wednesday that leaves Eugene at 5:20 AM for Portland with a 2 hour layover before I head back to SLC.
I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
Scratch that.
I'm thankful I have a job. I'm thankful I have a job. I'm thankful I have a job.
Yeah.
G'night

1 comment:

Brad Hyde Family said...

You have to have lots of patience when flying and you have to know how to work the system, my dad's pretty good at it by now, he usually gets whatever he wants. But when you fly every week you learn all the tricks I imagine. Anyway-at least life isn't boring huh?! Your princess is adorable, I can't believe she is already 3 months old!!