Monday, March 9, 2009

Check one off the bucket list . . .

The number one thing on Josh's bucket list is to go to China. I am so happy to say that for his 30th birthday I am sending him to China!!!


My little brother, Chris, is going with his friend whose mom works for Renaissance Academy, a charger school in Lehi. They are taking a group of Chinese-speaking students on a 10 day trip to China. They opened it up to non-Chinese speaking students so Chris is going. They had one more chaperone spot open so I jumped on it and got Josh in there. He was totally floored when I told him that he was going. He kept asking, "Are you sure? Do you want to go instead? Do you really think they will let me go?" It took a couple days to sink in. It would be cool to go to China, but since this is Josh's dream I want him to go. Plus I think Chris would have more fun with Josh than with me hanging around. ;) Good thing that the teacher organizing it is in my brother's ward so they were able to get to her real quick before the spot got filled, and my mom could put in a good word for Josh. I don't think she embellished too much, ha ha!

He leaves on July 20th and comes home the 30th. They get to visit Beijing, Xi An, Guilin and Shanghai. He gets to see the Great Wall, travel the Yangtze River (the longest river in China) and tons more! I am so glad that he gets this opportunity. I made him promise to take lots of pictures. If he doesn't then he is dead meat and I will never send him on another great trip like this again. :)

4 comments:

A3 said...

that is so cool! last october J went to china for 15 days. he went to beijing, xi'an and shanghai. he did the great wall, the forbidden city, the terra cotta warriors, etc. the pictures are AWESOME and he is dying to go back. we need to get together for dinner sometime - j can give your hubby all sorts of information. :)

Sowells said...

I think thats awesome! How fun for both Josh and Chris! It'll be a great experience!

Team Box! said...

that is not fair...I want to go there sooo bad, for the shopping of course!!! You can buy designer jeans for like $5 bucks! I should send him with some money to buy me a thing or two...
I seriously called every carpet cleaner in the phone book, and negotiated till I got to the cheapest I could go. Their doing our whole house for $115 or something. Its superior cleaners their number is 2951420
tell them I referred you!

staci said...

What a nice wifey you are! So very cool! I'm sure he'll have a great time. Then in a few years, you'll have to go back together! :)