Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A fun read . . .

I love to read "Chick lit" books. They are usually very easy reads and kind of a fun way to escape reality for a while. All this traveling has had me reading lots of books. I usually read one per trip. In the last three weeks I have re-read the first three Twilight books (restarting the 4th tonight). But I finished Eclipse on my way to Eugene this week so I needed another book for the trip home. (In case you are wondering, no I can't possibly find a way to occupy myself for more than fifteen minutes without going batty and I can rarely sleep on a plane). So I picked up this little ditty and really enjoyed it! It's just a cute story about a girl trying to figure out her life, find a boyfriend and deal with her nasty boss. It's the same gal that wrote the Princess Diaries and its not written like a traditional book. Its a series of emails, IM's, phone messages and journal entries. I kind of liked that format. Of course it all ends well in the end, but towards the end it had some really funny parts. The guy sitting next to me on the plane thought I was nuts, I'm sure, but it was well worth it. So if you're looking for something light and fun to read pick this up or come borrow it from me.

Oh, and since I have been traveling so much and that is the only time I get to read I am going to be scoping out your Shelfari's if you have one. Feel free to leave comments about any good suggestions you have for me. I wouldn't mind doing some book swaps with you if are commitment shy when it comes to books. I get really picky about the ones I buy but I'm getting more adventurous with the ones I buy. I have collected quite a few fun ones in the past year or so. Please feel free to come to my 'library' and browse.

2 comments:

staci said...

Thanks for the tip! I love a good chick lit book. Easy reads are my kind of book! :) I'll have to pick this one up!

Sowells said...

Have you read the Goose Girl series? They are a fun light fantasy series. The same author (who I can't remember at the moment)wrote Princess Academy, which I also liked. Right now I am reading The Book Thief for book club, I'm almost finished, I love it so far. Its about WWII, a girl who is a book thief, and it is from Deaths point of view.