Monday, September 22, 2008

Great Weekend

So this weekend was lots of fun. Between buying a new car, hanging out with friends and attempting to get in some relaxation we had a great weekend!
Friday afternoon Josh's boss told him that his little white Chevy was. . . well, he pretty much told him it was embarrassing! For those of you that don't know, we had bought a nice, shiny, brand new car a year ago in May but when I didn't sign some commissions I thought I was going to get, we started to get a little panicked with the payment and realized that our eyes were a bit bigger than our wallets. Plus we were working on little Smoosh and decided it would be best to just trim every expense back as much as possible. So we bought our little truck. Josh loved his little truck, they had bonded. Recently Josh has been working with a client in Park City that is selling her business so he has been working with auditors from Tanner and Co. in SLC. You might know that they have a very nice office downtown and are a very professional firm. Last week they called Josh's boss/partner and told him that they were very grateful that Josh was on this project with them, he is very smart and was great to work with- but was Simon paying him enough? They wanted to know what was up with the P.O.S. truck he drove around! So Simon was nice enough to offer Josh a car allowance so that he could buy a car that was 'a better representation of the firm.' So off we went car shopping. Saturday we ended up at Harrison Imports on 2600 South in Bountiful (really great guys there and nice cars, too, if you are in the market) and there we found what Josh had been looking for. You see, Josh has wanted a bullet bike since the day he knew what one was. He has also been wanting to get another Jeep like his CJ he had in high school. Well this little beauty was the perfect combination of both. . .


It's a 2005 BMW Z4. A cute little car, don't you think? Now I know what is going through many of your heads right now . . . "You are about to have a baby, what on earth are you thinking buying a two-seater convertible?" Well people, we're going to be parents, not dead! Besides we still have the fun, family-friendly Jeep. And we were going to keep the truck so that Josh could still take it skiing or mountain biking, etc. Anyway, Josh was struggling with the decision and finally decided "Oh what the heck, I'm going for it anyway!" We got a really good deal on the car (hello, buying a convertible in Utah in September- of COURSE they wanted it off their lot!) and the guys even agreed to let us have it for the weekend and if we changed our minds we could trade it for something else on the lot. So Josh took it to work today and lets just say his boss was less than thrilled with the wow-factor of the car and thought it was a little over the top. Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't love that car! But, since his boss is footing the bill Josh decided not to argue and, very reluctantly, took the car back. But the day ended well- we found a great Toyota Tacoma on the lot, and Josh gets to replace the lil' ol' Chevy and upgrade to a much nicer truck. He still has a car to throw the ski's or bike in and his boss was happy that it's nicer than the Chevy.

I'll get a better pic when it isn't midnight and I'm not in the garage in my skivvies!
Rewind to Saturday night. We had a great time at dinner with the Box's and the Mortenson's. Probably one of our last nights out for a while since it's raining babies. Sabrina is due in just a few weeks and we all knew we had to get out. Plus we hadn't seen each other in so long, date night was long overdue! Here we are after a yummy dinner at Tepanyaki!

Sunday we took advantage of the great fall weather and went for a drive up to Park City to check out the leaves. Unfortunately not a lot of leaves have changed yet. Oh darn, guess I'll just have to spend another relaxing Sunday cruising around with my hot husband. My life is horrible, I don't know how I'll survive. ;)


So if you know of anyone in need of a cheap little truck have them contact me. I'll be posting it on KSL tomorrow.

6 comments:

Brad Hyde Family said...

Love the car Linds! I would have totally been extremely jealous if you had really kept it! Darn it...Anyway-how's things?

Brad & Jaclyn said...

Dang girl! That car is pretty sweet! Tell Josh he could have taken the Geo... :)

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

HOT CAR! WOOOOO BABY! I can't wait until it is my turn to take a ride in it! :)

Sierra said...

I was thinking that you guys were crazy for a minute...cool car but you would have really been sad when you wanted to go anywhere together! Take my word for it, even my Accord is too small for a baby and all the STUFF you have to take with you. Wait and buy that car when you guys are empty nesters! Way cool truck though! You can always put strollers and stuff in the back!
PS YOur new haircut is really cute!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

So I guess I didn't read it very carefully! I didn't realize that you didn't keep the convertible. CURSES!!!! :( But I guess that would explain the pictures of the sweet Tacoma! ha ha ha...so I still want to ride in that! I want a Tacoma! They are freakin' nice!!!!!

Team Box! said...

Good decision about the car, I think the tiny 2 door would have gotten old!!! My dad has that truck and loves it.
You won my giveaway ya know?!!
Let's get in touch!