Monday, June 23, 2008

Six days and 19 hours from now . . .

Six days and 19 hours from now I will be arriving at Lakeview hospital for "the big ultrasound!" So I think its a boy, my dad thinks its a boy, Josh thinks its a boy . . . but who the heck knows? Only two people know for 100% sure right now if its a girl or boy- God and the child. I really can't wait for them to let me in on their little secret, it really isn't nice to keep secrets from your mommy. Especially when she has so much shopping to do in the next 4 1/2 months! Not to mention all the painting and other projects that daddy has to do. My dad told me yesterday to just go buy the paint, I don't need to wait until next week cause he KNOWS it's a boy (apparently guessing the sex of babies is a paranormal power my father has that I never knew about until recently).
So this week's cartoon and article on baby-gaga.com was very suitable and I just have to share. . .


Ultrasound, ultrasound on the wall…
by The Sarcastic Journalist
For a month before the “gender ultrasound,” I could tell you exactly the amount of time before we’d find out about the thing growing in my belly.

“Two weeks, three days, one hour and 10 minutes until I know for sure,” I’d say. “I can’t wait.”

Really, I couldn’t. I had dreams about the baby being a boy and then the next night, a girl. The gender ultrasound was all I could think about. I’d call friends up just to guess what “type of baby I was having.”

The way I discussed it, you’d think I was going to The Gap to buy a sweater. “Hmm, is it a boy type or girl type? Do you think these come in size medium?”

The day of the ultrasound was like every Christmas, birthday and wedding day piled into one. It was ultrasound day! The baby! What “type” of baby was I having?

I ran into the ultrasound room, plopped onto the table and said “All I care about is knowing if it is a boy or girl. Let’s get this party started.”

The ultrasound tech, at this point, got a little testy with me. “Don’t you even care if the baby is healthy?”

“Of course I care. Right after I find out the gender.”

Stay tuned for the big announcement!!!

4 comments:

Chelsea Smith said...

I can't wait to hear!!! Enjoy this time! Love you!

staci said...

Can't wait to hear what baby Lakin will be! So fun! I think there's something about dad's and knowing that their daughters are having. My dad knew with both my kids. Weird. Boys are awesome though! Despite the lack of totally adorable clothes, I LOVED having a boy first. Can't wait to hear! :)

Marissa Vargason said...

Hey how are you! I found your blog off of bhs' blogspot! Glad to see you and things are going well! How fun for you to be having your first baby! How cute! Cant wait to find out! Drop me a line sometime I would love to hear how you are doing!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

So funny Linds...because I keep thinking....GIRL! Funny huh? But who knows! It is a 50/50 chance! Steve's aunt had dreams of 'black pigtails' so she was certain that we were having a girl...but Jake is all boy! I cannot wait to know...boy or girl!?!? Call me when you find out!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEE.......I am so giddy!