Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wicked fun with mod podge

I love hanging out with my friend Whitney. She is always up for anything and we always have such a blast hanging out. Not to mention we laugh our butts off! Last Wednesday we did a class at Heartland in Woods Cross making these awesome blocks that spell out Wicked. Don't worry, these won't be up just for Halloween at my house . . . they will be up all year long!


It was also a 'big deal' for me because I have never used Mod Podge before! Okay, so I know all you crafties out there are laughing hysterically at me because I was afraid to expirement with MP on my own, but I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to trying new things. But now that I've used it- I WANT TO USE IT ALL THE TIME!!!! I seriously want to MP everything in my path! Everyone will be getting very crafty Christmas presents this year!


So here's a couple pics from the class. First, me working very hard to get just the right amount of distressing on my blocks, and then the final project. Ain't I crafty?

Also went to Swiss Days for the first time with my mom. It was a lot of fun, but I can't believe how many people were there! Fortunately we got there early so we were able to see everything. By the time we left there were so many people you could hardly walk! Sasha did great- she's my good little shopper. I am definitely going to go back next year- maybe even earlier in the morning!

7 comments:

The Wiser Family said...

That turned out so cute! Look how crafty you are! I'll have to go to a class there sometime.

Sierra said...

Love your letters! Isn't Swiss Days fun! I didn't get to go because I had to work yesterday and by Saturday everything is picked over:( Maybe next year!
PS. I haven't ever used mod podge. You have one up on me there!!!

Brad Hyde Family said...

Those are soooooo cute Linds! They always have cute stuff at heartland. I go there all the time and just look at their wall for ideas! (SHH, don't tell)

Kasey Sanders said...

So cute! I would love, love, love to take pictures of your adorable family! If you are interested...email me and we can set something up! kaseysanders17@yahoo.com

Jenn said...

So cute!! Love it!

Sowells said...

Those are super cute. I love MP!

Rachel said...

Your WICKED letters turned out awesome! And Mod Podge... I love it too! That, and Diamond Glaze. And glitter and paint..... FUN!