Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Are you a Republican or Democrat?

No, this isn't another political rant post. :) My Grandpa John used to ask me this question and would constantly try to get me to commit to being one or the other. Then he'd ask me when I was going to have kids. My Grandma would get so mad at him and tell him that it was none of his business!
My Grandpa passed away recently. I haven't seen him in a long time and I deeply regret not doing more to keep in touch with him, reach out to him, go visit him, let him know that I finally had a kid and that I voted for a democrat. I know it would have made him happy to know these things, and I hope he knows them now. Time is far too precious to just let it slip away and not reach out to those you love. Don't let the opportunity pass you by the way that I did.



JOHN CARR


John Gale Carr 1923 ~ 2009 John Gale Carr was born February 26, 1923 in North Superior, Wy, (now a ghost town), to John Duncan and Louisa Seymour Hughes Carr. John grew up in Denver, Colorado and Kenilworth, Utah. John married Ethel Nadine Garth in 1944, they later divorced; they had four children: Deanna (Jack) Degraw, Pamela (Rod) Kirby, Russell (Margaret) and David (Pamla). In 1963 John married Patricia Muriel Grondel Farnsworth, (42 years). Dad helped raise Mom's two children, DeEtte and Evan Farnsworth. Dad worked for Co-op (Pax Co.) for over 30 years. Dad left six children, 21 grandchildren and multiple, beautiful great grandchildren. Dad loved golf and insisted walking the course into his late 70's. He loved gardening, especially his cactus garden, playing cards and had a special fondness for his dog, Cody. We are so grateful for the love and care he received at Alta Ridge Assisted Living Center, with special thanks to Cheri and her staff. We love you Pops! Private family services under the direction of Valley View Funeral Home.


I love you, Grandpa!

No comments: