Thursday, September 3, 2009

9 month check up

I can't believe my little Sasha is already 9 months old! Time is flying by way too fast and she is growing way too fast. But I love to watch her learn new things. She is getting the hang of crawling. I have to find some safety gates and get them up pretty quick. Does anyone have any suggestions? We want the pressure-mounted ones- not the kind you attach to the wall or staircase. So if you know of a good one, please let me know.
Went to the doctor today for the 9 month check up. She is growing well! She's a tiny, petite little bug weighing in at 15 lbs 8 oz. and 28 inches tall. Her head is 41 cm.
Poor little thing had to get a flu shot. :( I felt bad for her but she didn't cry as much this time as the last round of shots she got. But *knock on wood* she's never been sick and I hope it stays that way for a while.
She also has two little teeth poking up! I can't get a good picture of them yet. Everytime I get close to her mouth she sticks her tongue out at me! Brushing teeth is a bit of a challenge, but I think she'll get used to it.
We also started taking her to daycare in the last couple weeks. My friend Rachel's sitter had a couple of families move so she is wide open for new kids. Her name is Ilona and she is the sweetest lady! She has an adorable little girl in preschool and Sasha gets to play with Ethan a couple days a week. Josh was sort of wigging out about taking her to KinderCare because he didn't think she'd get the kind of attention she deserves (not to mention Lilly having a heart attack about it). And even though there is about the same number of kids at Ilona's as there would have been at KinderCare, I think I feel better about it, too. Not that the caregivers at places like that are bad or don't care, but there is just something a little more comforting about taking your child to someone's home. And if Rachel trusts her then I know I can trust her, without a doubt. She is really good with Sasha and she's always a happy little kid when I pick her up. (Ilona still has space available for kids and her rates are VERY reasonable so if you need a sitter, even if its just one day a week, let me know and I will give you her number. She's in Woods Cross). I think its good for her to be around other kids, learn to play and interact with them.
These are just a couple pics of us hanging out at our super nice hotel in Park City a few weeks ago when Josh did the marathon. We stayed at the Dakota Mountain Lodge. It's a new Hilton property that is part of the Waldorf=Astoria collection. SUPER NICE!


Not a very good pic, I know, but it gives you an idea of what the view from our room was . . .

No comments: