Sunday, September 20, 2009

Project Sunday

So this morning Sasha, in keeping with her new routine, woke up about 6:25 this morning. By the time I got her back to bed I was wide awake, which is rare for me. Since the rest of the house was quiet I took advantage of some much-needed time to play with my new Cricut.
Last year about this time I was hugely pregnant and growing by the minute, but it was about this time that my wonderful friends threw me a shower. Amberly gave me some vinyl letters to put on the wall in Sasha's room. Since the walls in her room are textured I couldn't just put them up or they wouldn't look good. Do I smell a project? So I got some good ideas and bought a canvas at Ben Franklin and was going to put the phrase on, then attach some picture frames at the bottom with some of the newborn pics that the fabulous Marissa took. Well, enter here my problem with commitment. When things are permanent, I agonize over them. They have to look just right, and it has to be something I will love for a LONG time because I don't like to/rarely have time to do things over again. So I just couldn't decide which pictures I really wanted up there and the more pictures I took the harder it got. The frames would have to be majorly and permanently attached, otherwise they would fall off. I just couldn't commit. Ever wonder why I never got a tattoo? Well, besides the whole needles, scabbing and pain thing- there is no way I could ever commit to a single image/phrase/word or anything that I would want PERMANENTLY attached to me. I know, I'm weird.
So, after making a very short story long, here is what I decided to do, brought about by the skills and abilities of my fabulous Cricut!
Oh, and of course, my morning ray of sunshine!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks great!!!

Tara said...

Way cute! I love vinyl lettering!

Brad Hyde Family said...

That's very cute Linds! The cricut is so great huh? I love mine

Jenn said...

That turned out so cute! Sasha is a doll.

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Oh Linds....that is DARLING! Way to go!

Sowells said...

Cute project! I love the new top picture!!!

Munchy's Mama said...

I thought a Cricut was a one-off of a Cricket cell phone or something...yeah, I'm cool. But that looks so cute, very fancy schmancy (o=