Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pet Peeves

So my friend Whitney gave me the cutest bday gift- a Blog Jar! I totally love it, but haven't used it yet . . . so I thought I would start. (If you want to see pictures of what she did go to my friend's list and click on Steve and Whitney).

Today, my pet peeves:
I'm traveling on my last trip of the year for work so some of these have to do with travel.
1- I fly Delta most of the time. Any of you that have flown in the last, say 5 years, know that Delta boards passengers in zones. They do this so that the gate attendants don't have to act as cattle herders. So please tell me why people STILL gather at the edge of the boarding line even when they are seated in ZONE NINE!?!? And why do they have to spread their bags DIRECTLY into the path of everyone seated in zones 1-8? Trust me, if you've been given a boarding pass, have a seat assignment you WILL get on the plane. There is no need to line up 20 minutes before they start boarding. And if you are going to stand and wait, at least move to the side and get out of my way. Or if you aren't going to move out of the way, don't get all pissy when I knock my suitcase against yours.


2- Halloween is only weeks away, which is great- I love Halloween and the holidays that follow it through New Years. But please can I enjoy one holiday at a time? I'm sure that in two weeks time, when fright night is still another week or so away we might get to see some Thanksgiving decorations in the store for about a day then it's on to Christmas. No wonder life seems to be going so fast. We can't even get through one holiday without prepping for the next, and this lasts clear through Valentine's day! Slow down people!


3- Cankles. This is just not fair. Don't we go through enough being pregnant that we have to deal with cankles too? And why do I have to sacrifice my heels? This is doubly unfair! I look hot in heels, dang it! Just cause I'm prego doesn't mean I can't still look hot!


4- People that stand right outside the elevator door while waiting for it to reach them. This is similar to the airport thing. How do you expect me to get off the elevator with my bags so that you can get on to the elevator when you are standing directly in front of me? Again, stand there if you want, but don't get pissed at me if I run over your toes with my suitcase.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood today, otherwise I would have more of these.
What are your pet peeves?

3 comments:

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

YAY...Blog Jar! I am so glad you are using it! ha ha ha...It is fun to see my friends using it! ha ha ha...anyway...I loooove your pet peeves! They are soooo true and so right on. I was looking through the Pottery Barn kids catalog with Halloween on the cover and you open it up and most of it is CHRISTMAS stuff!!??!!?? What the......

Airports all together drive me insane. I cannot stand crowds of people. Mostly because I can't stand people in general! ha ha ha....

Sierra said...

Cute idea, the blog jar! I agree with all of your peeves. Congrats on traveling your last trip before you are a momma! I am so excited for you! PS cute new background!

Sowells said...

Buffalo, New York drivers. Thats all I have to say. They are the worst.
Ryan says his pet peeve is other people putting pet peeves on their blog.