Monday, October 13, 2008

Tradition- films and the almighty itch

Now that the first snow has fallen Josh has already started twitching. If you have known Josh for at least five minutes you know that he LOVES to ski. And I'm not talking 'hey its great to get up on the slopes a couple of times a year.' I'm talking "IF I DON'T GET UP ON THOSE SLOPES AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK I WILL DIE!!!!!!!" And no, that isn't going to change once Smoosh arrives. Just like I won't stop throwing parties because I have a baby. :) He got some new boots, finally, the ski's are about to be tuned and he is ready to go.
But ski season cannot begin for the Lakin family without this:

It's an annual tradition to go to Warren Miller in our family and this year is no exception. I'm not kidding- we do not miss this! One year we were gone the weekend it was in SLC so we drove all the way to Logan to see it. That is how dedicated to this film Josh is! If you've never been, it's a pretty cool movie where these awesome skiers and snowboarders travel all over the world and ride in some pretty awesome places. They have a drawing at intermission and give away prizes (don't worry I have gone every year for the PAST TEN YEARS and I have NEVER WON A SINGLE THING!!! Oh I'm not bitter, it's just that you would think I would get rewarded for my loyalty at least once! But whatever.). This year I think the title of the film is very appropriate- it describes my husband to a T!
So who's with us? We are going on Friday, October 24th to either the 6:30 or 9:30 show at Abbravanel Hall. Oh, and we ALWAYS do dinner, usually Little America, but this year I might make him go to Charlie Chow's, we'll see. Trust me, get a babysitter and come out with us, it will be worth it!

1 comment:

A3 said...

I love the Warren Miller movies . . and I don't even ski. The photography is amazing! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you win this year!

A