Monday, April 19, 2010

Post Tax Season Weekend

It's official, I have my husband back!!! For some reason this tax season has been very hard on all of us, much harder than past years. Probably because Josh started working 12+ hour days in the beginning of February. Those don't usually start until the end of February. But the tax fairy came early, I guess. But it's good because it means that the firm is doing well, despite the crappy economy.

Every year when TS (tax season or tough sh**, take your pick because it my book it stands for both) is over we like to get away for the weekend. This year we decided to head to Park City. We were hoping (okay, Josh was) to take Sasha skiing but we have Deer Valley passes and they decided to close last week instead of this week! Pooper Scoopers! But we still had fun. We got up there Friday night and Sasha and I went swimming while Josh slept and let his brain unravel some more.

This girl is silly. She kept making funny faces everytime I got the camera ready to take a picture of her. :P
Saturday morning we went to my favorite place for breakfast in PC- The Eating Establishment. If you have never been there, you must go! The Not So Special House Specialty is my favorite. But each time its a toss up- bacon or sausage? I love my pork products and this is a place that happens to do both very well. So it's always hard. Oh, and their fresh squeezed OJ is the best!

Some good things about PC this time of year- the weather was absolutely perfect! The sun was shining and it was warm, but there was still some snow on the ground. Also, all of the outdoor shops up there are getting rid of all their winter gear so you can find some great deals! We got Sasha a new Spyder coat for $50 (normally $95) and some Obermeyer snow pants for $28 (Normally $89). This girl is set for next winter!

PCMR was still open for the weekend so we had to go and play in the snow just a little bit, even if we couldn't ski.



(Yes, that is me wearing flip flops at a ski resort. My defense? It was 73 degrees!)
My cousin Dane got married on Saturday and their reception was in Heber City- another reason to stay the weekend! After the reception we went to Main Street Pizza and Noodle- another PC favorite, though we haven't been there in years. Oh, the other REALLY GREAT thing about PC this time of year? Since most of the resorts are closed, there were NO CROWDS! Easy to park on Main Street, get right into restaurants without waiting, it was awesome! Normally Main Street is packed on the weekends in the winter and summer, but this was perfect!

If you are ever in PC on a Sunday I highly recommend bruch at Cisero's. It's on Main Street as well. For $20 you get an all you can eat brunch buffet with some really yummy food! I think this has replaced Little America for our favorite Sunday brunch, since LA only does brunch on special occasions now. :( But Cisero's is SO YUM! I haven't eaten there other than breakfast, but I'm sure the rest of their food is just as good.
So nice to have my husband back! Next up . . . . MOAB!!!

2 comments:

Brad Hyde Family said...

You guys are so darling! Love Sasha's new do. She is adorable! Looks like so much fun, I need a get-away too, but Brad hates PC, probably cuz that's where he grew up.

Munchy's Mama said...

For fun! Clearly based on that picture of Sasha at the pool there was booze involved :-)