Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ready to fly

This post probably won't make a whole lot of sense to most of you, but considering that I use this blog as my journal you'll just have to be okay with that. :)
I had an experience last year where I did some things I never thought that I would, or could, do. But I did them. Some were fun, some were downright scary, all were exhilirating and each experience taught me a lesson and I learned a lot about myself that day. Today I have been flashing back to one experience in particular where I did something similar to bungee jumping. If you know me very well you know that I am not the type to bungee jump. I hate heights and I don't like being unstable. These fears say a lot about my life in general. Today I have been climbing up to that perch. I've been looking at that perch from the ground for a few weeks now and today I started to climb. I'm about halfway up and a small part of me wants to stop climbing, go back to the ground where its safe. Only, the ground isn't so stable anymore either. So I'm going to keep on climbing. Just like the day I 'bungee jumped' there has been fear, anxiety, stress but above all there has been determination.The platform from which I jump is going to wobble, it's going to sway but if I don't jump it just might crumble from underneath me, and then there would I be? When I jumped, it was such a freeing and empowering experience. Second only to giving birth, I think. Those same feelings I had while climbing to my perch I have now. Does that mean that I'm going to also feel those same feelings of freedom and empowerment once I jump from this perch? I sure hope so. Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be even better.

1 comment:

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

thanks for leaving a comment on my post about my etsy shop on the crafty chicks blog. i am glad you liked my curtains. naomi carmen*