Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ramblings . . .

I can't really tell you what this post will bring. Probably just a bunch of random ramblings from a lonely woman sitting in a hotel room in Walla Walla, Washington.

Of course I miss my family. It's been a busy week so far and it's only Wednesday! Bubbles (Sasha) is doing great. She's such a sweet, good-natured little girl. I really could not have asked for a better kid. She loves eating her cereal and watching the cats. She has really been paying more attention to them lately, now that she can see a little better than when she was younger. She loves watching them chase each other and fight. Whenever she hears the little bells on their collars she starts looking for them. She's rolling over pretty well now. She doesn't always love being on her stomach so she's great at rolling back onto her back. The best is when she gets giggle fits and just laughs and laughs, I love it! I love the way she smiles at her daddy when he comes home from work. I love watching her grow and learn something new every day.


Thank goodness for the invention of camera phones!



Mother's Day was nice. We went to St George with the in-laws and had a nice, relaxing weekend. Sasha even took a dip in the pool! I think she likes the water, but didn't get too overly excited about it.



Last week we went to a Real Salt Lake game. Sasha did not like it at first. It was A LOT noisier than she is used to! For a kid that has pretty much insulated from the world inside our house for the last 5 months, the crowds, music and announcer were a little much at first. After a while she calmed down and did pretty good. She liked watching the players on the field. We have tickets to another game this Saturday so if the weather is good, we'll try it again. I will take the camera with me this time!



Since I have a TON of driving to do this week I stopped and got an audio book to have something to pass the hours in the car. If you're looking for an interesting and inspiring read I suggest the new Michael J. Fox book, Always Looking Up



I've always like Michael J. Fox as an actor and he has done a lot of work to find a cure for Parkinson's Disease, which he has. The book talks a lot about his foundation and the process he went through to get it started. I have laughed, I have cried and I have definitely been inspired. I haven't read his first book, Lucky Man, but I think I will now.

I still have big dreams for what I want to do when I grow up. I'm just not totally clear as to how to make them come true. I've been thinking a lot about them lately, but the picture isn't clear in my mind yet. I know I'll figure it out, it will just take some time. In the meantime I just get to enjoy the road I'm on. I can see some pretty big bumps coming up that I've never had to navigate before, but I know I can make it over them and life will be much better on the other side. It's just waiting until I get to the bumps that's the frustrating part. But I can't start navigating them until I get to them. I'm probably not making any sense, but I don't really want to go into details just yet.

OH! Major milestone! Josh finished school!!!!! He finally finished up his MBA courses and we are both SO EXCITED! I am so proud of him because this is a major accomplishment. Next up is the CPA exam, which he hopes to have finished up this coming fall. I have a great husband that works so hard for our family. And he makes our home a great place to be.

I'm really excited for our garden this year. I want to try a bunch of different veggies this year and I am committed to to putting everything to good use this year, not wimping out and letting it go to waste like last year. Not only do I want to save money on groceries (let's face it, who isn't trying to save money these days) but I want to get more creative with my cooking. Plus, ever since I got pregnant I have gotten more in the habit of eating healthier. Yes, I still have sugar attacks and want to eat nothing but cookies and ice cream, but I eat far less junk food than I used to.

Does anyone play tennis? Or want to learn with me? I love to play, but I'm not very good. Josh is a good sport about going with me on occasion, but it's not really a work out for him. I want to find someone more on my level to play with. I'm up for it on weeknights or Saturday mornings.

Though my mind and my heart refuse to admit it, I'm getting old. My legs get stiff really easy lately and my knees are popping worse than ever. I guess I could blame it all on pregnancy . . . either way, my body feels like its getting old and I don't like it!

Okay, that's all for my ramblings for now. . . .

2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Walla Walla Washington? That's just so fun to say!

Jenn said...

I like how you said its frustrating waiting for the bumps in the road, its hard when you know somethings coming but you have to wait for it before you can begin to "fix" it. Something I've also learned is that God gives us that time to prepare, and it might be preparation for something totally different than what we originally thought. Hope that made sense.
By the way I would love to try tennis. I haven't played at all since like school years, so if you really want a true beginner I'm up for it. Give me a call when your schedule opens up a little.