Saturday, May 12, 2012

That's 'tapas'....not topless

We celebrated more birthdays on my moms side of the family today and we decided to have a tapas party. Well when my mom told Rich about it he thought she said 'topless' instead of 'tapas'. Then she told Erik and he thought the same thing. Then we told Billy and HE thought the same thing. At that point we started pronouncing it 'tap-as' so it wouldn't be so confusing. Gosh, why do boys always have to make everything so dirty? ;)

Ironically it was right after a Weight Watchers meeting that I got on the phone with my mom and we came up with the menu. Let's just say I didn't track my points for tonight.

Pepperoni Pizza rollups
Chips and Salsa (salsa with and without cilantro)
Parmesan potatoes
Marinara, Ranch and sour cream dipping sauces
Bacon wrapped little smokey's...aka Every Fat Kid's Dream...or as I like to call them, heaven on a toothpick. (message me if you want the recipe. And believe me...you WANT the recipe!)
Grilled zucchini with mozzarella
Pasta salad

We figured we needed to add something with at least a little nutritional value
Lemon and lime wedges for our drinks and a bit of festive flair

Such a delicious dinner! In case you're wondering, tapas is a European thing. In some places they go out from 4-6 and get tapas (basically appetizers) and mingle with friends and neighbors before going home with their families to have dinner around 8 pm. At least that's what my mom told us. I'm sure google could tell you more. Oh crap! I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the meatballs. They were delicious too!

Gracie, Grandma DeEtte and Violette
Banxton, Oliver and Grandpa Rich (Birthday boy #1)
Erik (Birthday boy # 2) and Banxton
Ashley, Ellie and Billy (Birthday boy #3...he was very excited about his Hollister gift bag, ha ha!)
We had a fun night, as always! Now, what to do for the next party?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Mmmmmmm I want all three recipes! Also loved your pictures, Addy had thee same outfit. :)

Brad and Jaclyn said...

I so want the recipe for the bacon wrapped 'lil smokies, Please!!! All that food looks delicious!! Hope it was fun!! :)

Munchy's Mama said...

LOL-my brother invited us to his "Topless" party too. I had no idea what a Tapas party was and was like, "Say whu!?!?" too funny.

Your food looked so good!