Sunday, January 29, 2012

Uuuuummmmm

Didn't know what to really title this post....still not even sure what I'm posting about. But yet I feel it necessary to post something. It's been a really emotional few weeks. Lots of changes going on in my life. All for the better, I feel, but still a LOT of changes. And sometimes it just overwhelms you. But I'm so grateful to have amazing, wonderful and supportive people around me.

The last year or so I have taken a lot of time to get to know "me" to figure out who I am and what I want my life to be like and I've worked really hard to make the changes that I feel are necessary to have the life I've always dreamed of. Am I there yet? Heck no, but that's okay. The journey is all a part of it. But I can't tell you how truly good it feels to just be me. All the time. No matter who is around or what I am doing. This is me, take it or leave it. And that feels so. darn. good.

I think we might be finally ready to let go of the binky. I never thought I'd get to say it but I think we are there. Hallelujah! She did find one hidden in some dark corner of the house so there was one night she had it, but the babysitter put her to bed and he didn't know. So I'm just not counting that night.

Sassy also got measured for her first dance recital costume. I AM SO EXCITED! I actually started to tear up when she was getting measured. I have always love music and dance (though I'm not really talented at either) and so to have my daughter show the same excitement for things that I love is so awesome. Of course I will support her and be her biggest (and let's face it, loudest) cheerleader in anything she pursues, but I'm really excited that she loves dance. We have random dance parties at our house at least once a week.

I made this collage the other day in Picasa. Can't wait to get it printed and hung up somewhere in the house. I just love this girl!
Its just a random collection of pics of Miss Sassy Pants & me, nothing that took extreme amounts of creative talent to make. But I know that I can look at this and on days when I miss her like crazy because we are apart or when we are screaming at each other and both slamming doors like a couple of teenagers, I can see the smiles and think of all the good times we have had and the great times that are yet to come.

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

And I almost teared up on the collage...so cute!