Sunday, July 17, 2011

This has not been my week . . .

It all started on Monday when Josh and I were on our way home from work. We had just picked up Sasha from the sitter and were headed home when I got pulled over for speeding on Legacy Highway. I am still so mad at myself! The last ticket I got was almost a year ago and after that fiasco I swore to myself that I would be more cautious when driving- and I have been. However I wasn't focused on the road like I should have been and was going too fast and got busted. Okay fine, so I have a ticket. Big deal right? Well it is when the cop comes back to your car and tells you that your license has been denied! I had some issues with that ticket last year and my license ended up being suspended. I got the ticket taken care of, but didn't realize that I had to go to the DMV to have my license reinstated. So it had been denied! Fortunately Josh was in the car with me and was able to drive home . . . . otherwise who knows what could have happened to me. So I went first thing Tuesday morning, paid the fine and got my license squared away.

Work has been crazy busy so the week absolutely flew by. Plus I had Keltsey's shower to work on so I was stressed about that as well. My awesome, beautiful, wonderful sister agreed to help me out Friday night and Saturday with the shower. So I was on my way to get her on Friday after work and accidentally hit a guy on a motorcycle. Ah! Fortunately we were at a stop, no one was hurt and there was just minor damage to his bike and even less to the Jeep. But still! I was so shaken up! Josh just got his motorcycle license so of course we've been more aware of bikers and biker safety at our house . . . until I haul off and run into one! Mandi was able to get a ride to meet me, calm me down, take me to get some food and help me finish the shopping for the shower. Oh and thanks to my friend Shaun who was so conveniently at his computer to help me look up the number to my insurance agent!

It sucks when you get into situations like this, but it does give you the opportunity to recognize the great people that you have in your life to help you out no matter where you are, what happens or what you need. I'm a very lucky person to have such wonderful friends and family to help me out at a moments notice. Oh, I also need to give a shout out to Clint who rescued Mandi and I as we were frantically getting everything ready for the shower and realized we needed a few things (like a shower gift!) and didn't have time to go to the store. Josh was also a huge help in getting the yard looking super pretty for the party.

No comments: