Friday, July 17, 2009

The Prophet said to plant a garden . . .

So we did. And it is GOOD! Check out that bowl full of raspberries! Yes, that is the Large PC mixing bowl, not the little one. And that is just what I picked this morning. I will easily have 50% more when I go pick more tomorrow.

We have a few tomatoes starting to ripen. The little ones are Roma tomatoes. I thought they would be bigger than that, but oh well. I can't wait to cook up some fresh spaghetti sauce with my WildTree Hearty Spaghetti blend. BTW- if you use it and your family is like mine and doesn't use a whole 28 oz. can of sauce I use a smaller can of tomatoe sauce or paste and use less of the blend. That way it will last longer.
And yes, our zucchini's are about the size of baseball bats again. I swear, you look at those things one day and say "okay, a day or so more and they will be ready" then you go out the next day and BAM! They are huge!!! Ugh. We are fresh out of ways to prepare and eat zucchini. Oh well, guess I better get to shredding it so I can freeze it and make zucchini bread later. (Ha, yeah right! Me, be that prepared and resourceful. We'll see.) Unless any one wants some- come and get them! The raspberries are definitely our favorite. We had a good strawberry crop this year, too. Those were super yummy. We have lots more than this in our garden this year. We (Josh and Howard) also planted cauliflower, peppers (hopefully we will actually get one this year), a couple kinds of squash, cucumbers, green beans, beets, and turnips. At my request (okay, demand) we planted romaine lettuce (that has been very good and nice to have) and a pumpkin! I hope we get something from it. So far I can't see anything growing, so we'll see. It is definitely very cool to have all this fresh stuff in our garden. Next year I want to do a little broccoli and some onions.

Other than the garden not much is going on . . . Sasha is growing, of course. She is definitely starting to have her whiney days. I don't like those days. I like it better when she's my perfect little, sweet angel. But, given that I am her mother she is bound to have bratty days. :) Josh leaves for China in a few days. I'm going to miss him! But I am very excited for him and Chris, they will have such a great time. I made Josh swear on his life that he will take a lot of pictures, and pictures with him and Chris actually in them. I'm not going to spend a ton of time scrapbooking his trip to China if it looks like I just went on the internet and downloaded a bunch of random pictures of places in China and there are no people in them! We need proof he was there!!!

Oh, if ANYONE knows of ANYONE that is getting married anytime soon and she would like to have someone assist her with the planning process ABSOLUTELY FREE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have her get in touch with me. I have been itching to plan a big event and since I don't have one coming up in my life (and even if I did I certainly don't have the money) I need someone else's party to plan. I am an absolute nut over weddings and love everything about them. It doesn't even have to be a wedding- I can do showers, picnic's, corporate events- anything! I just have this obsessive desire to plan and bring people together. Doesn't matter the reason. So spread the word!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow - those raspberries look DELICIOUS!! Maybe I'll have to work up the bravery over the winter to start my own garden next summer. And zuchinni bread - that sound awesome! I love making breads! Yum!

The whiney days totally aren't so fun, but doesn't it make you feel good know that the whineyness is usually solved with snuggle time? I had to debate between a shower this morning or snuggle time to cure a whine.. I ended up having to cure the whine with fruit snacks though or I would have been late for work.

There is no doubt about it that you and Mandi are sisters either. You both have the party-planning talent!