Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pool Party!

Today we went up to the Green's for Michael's birthday party. My friend Karen has this fabulous pool in her backyard. It's nice and big, heated, has a basketball hoop, volleyball net and, best of all, A SLIDE! It really is a fun pool and they have such a beautiful backyard. It was great to go play with everyone. Well, almost everyone, Amberly was sick so she and Rob and Daxton weren't there, which sucks cause I really wanted to see them! Oh well. :(


Tara made an amazing carrot cake with cream cheese frosting- SO YUM! We did have a little trouble lighting the candles because of the breeze though.



Sasha had lots of fun in the pool. I was surprised that she stayed in so long. We did take a break in the middle for a while, but she was still in the water for a good two and a half hours. She started to get a little bit tired and when I took her out to go home the minute I had her wrapped in the towel she was asleep. Poor little thing was exhausted. But who wants to take a nap at a pool party? I sure wouldn't!



This was the championship volleyball game. Don't ask who won, both sides played pretty badly!


Happy Birthday Michael!


3 comments:

Sowells said...

Love the pictures! I am so jealous of your garden!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

John and Stef said...

I think Sasha is beautiful! She really is so cute Linds, and you dress her like a doll!
I have to respond to your post- Ticked off Tuesday. There are tons of places I know that you can do things in the pm with kids, but they are all in Berkeley, CA! Where everyone's minds are very open, men AND women stay home and most kids have nannys. (I've definitely learned a lot living there). I stay home with my boys but I COMPLETELY agree with you. The answer is NO. Not everyone has the "perfect Utah Mormon family". In fact I kind of think most people don't and if they say they do - they're lying (is that rude?! :) ) I guess what I'm saying is that all we can do is our best for our family and ourselves. Good luck with finding something for you and Sasha! I love reading your blog.

Rachel said...

What fun!!!