Monday, December 8, 2008

Okay, my baby really is Hollywood!

My husband has the best clients! One after my own heart is Fiona. This arrived on our doorstep today-

Recognize the signature blue box and white ribbon? Yeah, it's from Tiffany. How does my one week old daughter already have something from Tiffany and her mother doesn't? NOT FAIR!!! If I had $5,000 to blow on a vacation to anywhere I would go to New York City, stay in a hotel suite overlooking Central Park and if I saw nothing else but the inside of Tiffany & Co. I would go home a very happy woman. I know, it's a stupid obsession, but ever since I first watched Breakfast at Tiffany's with my Grandma I have been in love with Tiffany. You know that part in Sweet Home Alabama where Patrick Dempsey proposes to Reese Witherspoon inside Tiffany after hours? The part where all the lights inside the store come on totally takes my breath away every time. This girl is spoiled beyond belief. It seriously took me two hours to actually be able to open the box. And of course my mother will have to replicate the tied ribbon on top so that the box will look unopened and sit in her room as a keepsake. Yes, I'm keeping the box. There will be an entire page in her scrapbook dedicated to this box. Even the tape that held the bubble wrap closed will be in there (I peeled very carefully). Do all mothers live vicariously through their daughters? I guess I will have to for now when it comes to the Tiffany box. But Josh and I did strike a deal . . . when he gets his motorcycle I get to pick out something from Tiffany. Sounds like a deal to me!

Here's a couple of pics of Sasha opening her precious gift.



It's a handmade earthenware bunny bank, made in Italy. Is that not gorgeous? No coins in this bank, $100 bills only!!!
Oh, and the day gets even better, NO MORE BILI LIGHTS!!! The doc was happy to report that she is back down to an 8.6 so the lights can go away. If that darn suitcase wasn't so expensive I'd probably chuck it out the window of a speeding Front Runner train! But we'll be good and just let the nice people at Apria Home Health Care come and pick it up tomorrow. This poor thing was so tired today. While we waited to get her blood drawn she could barely keep her eyes open. We came home and she slept like a rock for most of the day while we waited for the doc to call. Darn lab took FOREVER doing the test, in fact the doc had to go down and ask for the results cause at 5:45 they still hadn't brought it to him. Whatever. But we have the best doctor, he is the nicest guy and you can just tell that he loves what he does and really cares about his patients. Thanks Dr. Doug!
What a great day! Now mommy and daddy can get some decent sleep!!

5 comments:

staci said...

That is seriously awesome you got that gift! LOVE IT! I am in love with Tiffany's as well. Have you ever been? Ya, it's amazing, if you haven't! I've never had the privilege of getting anything from there, yet.

Congrats on no bili lights! Hooray! So, do you go to Dr. Doug Nielsen in Bountiful? He was our doc until we moved. :( He knows my whole family and Bill's too. Great guy & awesome doctor too!

Sounds like things are under control and you are enjoying mommy-hood so far! You are a darling mom! Congrats! :)

Sowells said...

I'm gad she's finally done with the lights and you can finally hold her. But I seriously hope you were just kidding about your two getting some sleep!

Tara said...

No more tanning bed! You guys can come up whenever you'd like and see our place - just let me know when!! Pictures are on its way - My grandparents stole the camera to make a CD of the pictures so I am without one for now!

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

Sorry about the blog mix up...not sure how I kept doing the wrong address. Anyway, i have been meaning to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited and glad that she finally came! Birth stories are brutal, and if they're not, then I secretly hate them. Anyway, Sasha is beautiful and I hope the new mommy world is treating you well.

Jenn said...

Hi, this is Jenn (Grint) Gatherum, I hope you don't mind I pulled your blog from BHS 99. I don't know if you'll even remeber me, its been forever. Congrats on your new baby it seems like its in the water. I just had my 3rd (and final) in Sept!! I'm glad your off of those horrible lights. We've had some complications with Addy, and I felt like I could get through anything as long as I was able to hold her. Its almost torture when you can't. Glad to hear you are doing so well, and she is beautiful, and love the name Sasha!---Jenn
thegatherumfamily.blogspot.com