Sunday, November 2, 2008

Meet Yolana

We had a great Halloween this year. First my mom had a party at her house so we stopped by there for a bit to get some chili and home made root beer. Then we headed to a party at Michelle's (she works with Josh) and partied into the night. Here are a few pictures. . . tell me what you think of our costumes.

First, a few of the options we went through before finding Josh's perfect costume . . .

I liked the Catholic School girl/early Britney Spears look, but Josh felt a little self-conscious showing his midriff.

A more business look perhaps?
Almost there, it's just missing something . . .

Sadly enough, Josh is wearing all my clothes! My skirt, my sweater, my necklace and even my red stiletto's! He looked great! We even painted his nails red to complete the whole look. And I must say that he has a great pair of legs. I was developing a complex by the end of the night, but at least I know between the two of us our daughters will have great legs. Oh boy are we in trouble!
Totally random! I ran into my great friend Chelsea at Michelle's party! I never in a million years expected to see her there, but it was great for both of us. Neither one of us knew very many people so we at least had someone to talk to! Great to see you beautiful girl!
So all in all we had a great night. Josh got about a million and one compliments on his legs and I was surprised at how many people asked if my pregnant belly was real or not! I was dressed as a devil, so I don't see the irony or humor in a pregnant devil. Maybe if I'd have gone with the pregnant nun like I wanted to (couldn't find a costume) I could see why people would ask. But anyway, it was funny. I almost thought I would have to pull up my dress just to prove to a couple people that it was real! Thank goodness I didn't have to do that . . . that might have been a tad embarassing.


4 comments:

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

Josh looks really nice...like female nice. Did he get hit on?? I swear you only have a few more weeks! Good luck w/ the final preparations and we can't wait to see the little Lakin lady.

Brad Hyde Family said...

Those are some great costumes I must say! You guys are great and are going to make great parents. I'll keep my eye out for you at the hospital...it's getting close. I had both of my kids by this point in the pregnancy!

Marissa Vargason said...

Oh my gosh you guys look awesome and how cool is Josh to go out like that, now thats a real man lol! You look so gorgeous lindsay and your belly!!!!! Shes definitely coming soon!!!

Chelsea Smith said...

It was so fun to see you two there. I can't wait for baby pictures. You are going to be awesome parents and fun as heck! Love ya!