Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trying my patience . . .

Like mother like daughter? Uh, yeah I think so. I'm never on time for anything, so why on earth should I expect my little one to be early? In all fairness she must take after both her parents cause Josh has time issues, too. (For those of you that know him know that there is 5 minutes and there is 'Josh 5 minutes'. Totally not the same thing.) So tomorrow is the 'official' due date but as of 9:30 this morning I am barely at a 3 and 50% effaced. My doc said that if nothing has happened by Saturday night/Sunday morning he will see me and strip my membranes again (oh boy can't wait for that- AGAIN!) and if all else fails he will induce me on Monday. Apparently Smoosh does not want a November birthday. Whatever. It's not that I'm miserable or being pregnant has been a horrible experience, it's just that I'm not a very patient person. I guess you could say I'm over being pregnant and ready for the next phase. But then that's alwasy been my problem . . . I get halfway through one thing and want to move on to the next. I did the same thing with college. And it's not that I really miss school, but it was a fun time. So in the meantime I'm hanging out with my little brother, scrapbooking, and just taking advantage of the 'me' time cause I know I won't have much soon. So there's the update. I'll keep you posted!!!

4 comments:

A3 said...

those dang babies never come when you want them too. . . . .my water broke with my 1st at 1:30am. that was a real adventure.

i can't wait to see her! :)

Marissa Vargason said...

Dangit kids! My kids never came either I was always induced :( oh well! I cant wait to see cute pics of her!! Now that you said her due date is tomorrow, and well, it is Thanksgiving, maybe she will surprise you!

Sierra said...

hang in there! Pretty soon you won't even remember this feeling and she will really be here before you know it! I know, a few days and a few days at the end of your pregnancy are totally different! You can do it!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Linds....I am giddy! I cannot wait until she comes! So you will be a certified, true and true mommy by Monday at the latest! Can you believe it?!?!

Oooooh....I cringed when I read that Dr. K was going to strip the membrane. Not to freak you out....but IT HURTS LIKE HECK! Ha ha ha...but by that time, you will be willing to do anything to get that baby out!

Anyway...we are waiting patiently for your phone call/text! You better let us know as soon as you can! hee hee!