Friday, December 3, 2010

Catching up

Okay wow . . . I guess there has been a lot that has gone on since my last post. I cooked my first Thanksgiving turkey. I was nervous, but it turned out pretty great I think! I can see why people get nervous about cooking the turkey because if it doesn't turn out then it kind of defeats the whole purpose of Thanksgiving day, know what I mean? But I had no reason to worry. My lovely assistant Mandi was an awesome helper and we made a kick a$$ thanksgiving dinner, if I do say so myself!

Josh PASSED the audit exam!!!! We are hoping that he only has one test left to take in January. And if he passes that one then he is free and clear and officially a CPA! Wahoo!!! We are still awaiting the results of his Financial exam, but hope to have those back sometime this month. He has worked so hard for the past year to get these exams done and out of the way. He will be so glad to get back to having a life.

Work is going great. I am really grateful for my job. I have kicked butt this year and met my quota (yay me!) and I really like the team I am on. I still miss some of my FIS friends, but thanks to email and FB we keep in touch.

I am very grateful for my in-laws. Not only is Sasha lucky enough to spend three days a week with her Grandma Lilly, she is totally spoiled rotten. Lilly took us to Disney on Ice and though I was worried Sasha wouldn't sit through it all, she actually loved it! We had fun riding Trax then a yummy lunch at Little America with Grandpa Howard. Sasha loves it when her Grandpa plays the banjo. She will listen and dance for an hour while Howard plays and sings to her. I think he loves it just as much as she does!

I can't believe almost another year has gone by! Christmas is right around the corner and is going to be here before I know it. I have lots of work to do, that's for sure.

3 comments:

Sowells said...

Yay - congratulations on the exam!!!! Tell Sasha Happy Birthday for us!

Jenn said...

Wow! Congrats on taking charge of Thanksgiving!! And congrats to Josh, thats amazing, and I'm sure a huge relief to finally be getting so close to being done!!

Also, just have to say, that Sasha is so so cute!!

Sierra said...

I heard your turkey was wonderful! Congrats...I still haven't attempted that one!