Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Continuing the tradition . . .

This last Saturday we had a much needed family day. We started off the day with our family pictures (those to come soon). Typically Josh would come have had to come back home and continue studying. Instead he decided that we all needed a family day and I couldn't have agreed more! We took a drive up to Deer Valley so Josh could get his season passes for the year. On a whim he decided that I was getting a pass this year too! I'm not much of a skier, I usually go about once a year, but if it means spending time with Josh then I'll take it!
They opened a new St. Regis hotel up at Deer Valley. In order to get up to the rooms you have take this thing called a Funicular up the hillside. It was an absolutely gorgeous day so we decided to ride it up and down a few times. Sasha loved it and it was pretty fun.


We went to lunch at Hapa Grill (very good!) and as we were driving there we happened past a KinderSport, and what do you think they had sitting outside the shop? Ski's for kids! I kid you not, you would have thought that Josh was just handed the keys to a free Ferari he was so happy. We barely made it through lunch and he was out the door with Sasha to get her fitted for some ski's. They had some her size and we found some boots, too. Josh is so excited to be able to teach her to ski this year. He started learning when he was about three or four and he has been dying to get Sasha started since the day we found out I was pregnant! So I'll give you three guesses as to what the Lakin's will be up to this winter . . . if it ever snows, that is. :)

2 comments:

Sowells said...

That is AWESOMe!!! How cute! When I was working at Snowbird I loved watching the little skiers, they reminded me of ducks following their mom. Can't wait to see Pictures of that. Oliver has been asking Ryan when he is going to teach him to snowboard.

Sierra said...

that is so cool you got Sasha skis! What a fun family activity!