Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week one

Well, I've been unemployed for almost a week now. Still kind of strange and hasn't totally sunk in yet. It kind of hit me on Thursday when I took my laptop, phone and other work-owned stuff back to my boss. Sasha and I hung out for a bit and I went to lunch one more time with 'the gang' (Kevin, Vic and Brian). I don't think my boss really wanted me to leave. I know he felt bad about having to let me go, but I know he didn't have a choice, and I'm really looking at the whole thing as positive. But still. In a way, I didn't really want to go either. I've worked there for over 11 years and even though I did plenty of complaining about my job- I really loved a lot of the people that I worked with. I will definitely miss them.

So what have I been doing with all my 'free' time? I can honestly say that my house has never stayed this clean for this long. I think it's a new record for me! I finally cleaned out my closet but have yet to make it to reorganizing the bathroom. I have done a few scrapbook projects, but not nearly as many as I'd like. Oh, and today I became an official Wish Magician for the Utah chapter of the Make-A-Wish foundation (more on that later). So I've been busy.

Sasha's birthday party is coming up so fast! I can't believe my little girl will be one!!! It's totally crazy but I'm so glad that I get to spend all this time with her. I admit, it has been an adjustment for both of us, but we're getting along just fine. She is so close to taking her first step. She stands up great on her own and you can see that she wants to move her feet but she just can't quite get the movements and the balance down. But I know it will be soon.

Josh takes the first of four exams for his CPA on the 20th. Please keep your fingers crossed for him! He has been studying so hard these last few weeks. I'm practically a single mom, he studies so much. I can't wait until this is over . . . unfortunately it's going to be a while.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Brad Hyde Family said...

Good luck Josh-you'll do awesome! Linds-we need to get together before you start working again and before I start school again!