Monday, November 9, 2009

New Adventure

Today starts a brand new adventure. It's one that I knew was coming but wasn't sure how I would handle it. And now it's here, so far I really like it. Since I was 16 years old I have had a job. Well, that all changed today. I was laid off from my job, a company I have been with for over 11 years. I started there in high school! It has been a good company to work for. I moved up, gained a lot of experience and they even paid for my education. How could I complain? I received a severence package and Josh and I have been preparing for this for quite some time so it's not a major shock and it's not even really a tragedy. I have a couple of opportunities that I am exploring and if nothing pans out right away, well there is always unemployment. Nothing will start until December so I have a couple of weeks off to get some projects done around the house, hang out with my favorite little girl and even get some scrapping and girlfriend time in. I'm kind of excited, actually. It's going to be interesting to see the inside of a different office and what it's like to work for a new boss.
I am definitely going to miss all the friends I have made at work and some of the clients as well. But I'll keep in touch, I'm sure.
This is definitely a new adventure for me, even if it will be short. I think I will go back to work. I've discovered that I like to make money and I hate trying to live on a budget. That may sound selfish and worldly, but that's me. I'm sure when we decide to get have a sibling for Sasha then I will stay home, but that's not happening in the too near future (sorry if I got anyone's hopes up).

In the meantime, Josh is still studying for the CPA exam. All summer long he spent every spare minute running and exercising. Now he spends every spare minute studying. I can't wait until he is done! He takes his first exam on the 20th of November. The exam is 4 parts and with tax season in the way he will hopefully be done sometime early next summer.

2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you. I wish you all the BEST!!

Jenn said...

Just catching up on your blog, wow, it looks like you've had a lot going on! I don't know whether to say sorry or congratulations on the job loss. I hope your able to find something that won't make you travel so much! Also, I love, love, love your family pictures! They turned out so cute. Enjoy your family time and holidays!!