Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sputtering utterings of a sleep deprived mom

All right, where is she and what have you done with her? Where is my perfect, sweet, goes-to-bed-by-ten, sleeps-straight-thru-til-7(hell, I'd take 6 at this point), happy-faced little girl? I want her back!!! Sasha had her first cold last week so it's been rough at night. She's over it now and I thought she'd go back to normal. NOT SO! Last night she screamed (screamed, not cried, screamed) for almost 2 hours! I can't take this! I need my sleep!

Okay enough about that . . . . some more strange and rambling thoughts that have been running around in my head. I need to get them out and this is the best place to do it.

Does the show Handy Manny seem a little racist to you? We've watched it the last couple of mornings and, I don't know, seems like only the white guy has any power. Hmmmm.

I can't stand Dora the Explorer. I get that kid shows are geared towards kids and meant to help them learn. But seriously, Dora talks to kids like they are idiots! They repeat the same thing 20 times before they move on. ANNOYING!!! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the other hand . . . educational, fun and not nearly as annoying. Although Daisy's dance yesterday was a little simple, even for kids.

Speaking of the Disney channel- who the heck is this Darby chick? What happened to Christopher Robin? I don't like Darby. Sure, she's cute and not nearly as annoying as Dora, but I want good ol' CR back, thankyouverymuch.

It really sucks that I get sick eating swedish fish. They are my favorite candy and if I eat more than five I get a tummy ache. Lame. :P

I am pretty excited to go to California in December. We're going to Disneyland, too. Yay! Yes, I know Sasha is a little young but honestly, we're going more for our enjoyment than hers. Plus I have heard that Disneyland at Christmas time looks AWESOME!

I am feeling WAY behind on my Christmas shopping this year! Last year I was super organized and was almost done by this point. Mostly because I was pregnant and didn't want to leave anything to the last minute. So this year I am feeling very behind and totally lost on a lot of people's gifts. I'll catch up, I know I just need to buckle down and get stuff done.

I am having lots of fun planning Sasha's birthday party!!! I have lots of good ideas. I finally nailed down a color scheme and have most of the decorations planned out, now I just need to put the Cricut to work. And the invitations . . . those are going to take some time. I have an idea of what I want and found lots of cute examples, I just need to spend some time getting them made.

I also can't wait for our family pictures. I found the cutest outfit for Sasha (Thank you Gap!) and a really cute outfit for me (Thank you Kohl's!). (Un)fortunately Josh already has the perfect thing to wear so he won't be getting anything new. I don't think he feels left out though. Had lots of fun with Mandi the other night strolling around 25th Street in Ogden looking for some good spots for photos. They are going to look great, I just know it! I can't wait to print out a super huge one, get it framed and start hanging some pictures on the wall. I'm going to hang photos on the wall going up the stairs. I have a few pictures already framed and waiting, but don't want to start hanging them until I have enough to make it not look so sparse and skimpy.

People that abuse or are cruel to children should die. End of story.

I am sore from that Core Fusion class last night.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ugh, I don't like Dora or Diego! But guess what Ethan loooooves to watch! On the other hand, have you seen Yo Gabba Gabba yet? I know it's ghetto, but that man can dance!!!

And don't feel bad that you feel behind on Christmas shopping. It's normal. :) In fact, being late for just about everything after having baby is normal, I suspect. Sadly, I've been late to work almost every day since Ethan was born.

Sowells said...

Now that you just said you hate Dora - it will be your daughter's favorite!

The Wiser Family said...

We LOVE to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Definately a favorite! Holy cow, Sasha's going to be one so soon! That means Kylee is right behind her, wow! Hey, I know where you can get the cake/cookies/cupcakes for her party! :)

John and Stef said...

When are you headed do Disney in December? We'll be there the first week or so! I can't wait!!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Oh gosh Linds...How I love you! I am so glad that I am not the only one who is critical about kids shows.

So may I add one thing to your list? ELMO. Holy crap. He is so RUDE to Zoe. We've noticed on several occasions that he treats her like dirt. He is always saying mean things to her (Elmo in Grouchland AND an episode of Elmo's World all about friends). So we talk crap about him when Jake isn't around! ha ha ha......We also think Elmo is selfish and starved for attention. And guess what? The friendly folks of Sesame Street GIVE him all the attention he wants. BUGS!!!!!!!!!

So the Backyardigans are the BEST! They are so cute and they get along so well. They sing and dance and their choreography is REAL! I LOVE their choreography!!