Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Happy Place

Recently I was asked to go to my 'happy place.' This place could be anywhere in the world, anywhere in nature, I could pick my favorite spot and build me a beautiful little retreat there (this was all in my head, of course). So I sat there for a second trying to picture my favorite place in nature. Was it a beautiful sandy beach with palm trees and the ocean? Was it high in the mountains with lots of trees and plants and waterfalls? Was it a shoppig mall filled with my favorite stores and price tags didn't exist?
No.
It was my home. I suddenly pictured myself in my backyard. When I pictured the perfect structure there I pictured my home, exactly the way it is right now (you know, cause Josh cleaned it this weekend;o). I would not change a single thing about my home. And it truly is my happy place. It is where I feel the best, where anyone and everyone is always welcome. A place that is always filled with love and peace and beauty.
I'm sure I sound like a total loon to you all right now, but if you get a minute, picture your happy place. What is it like? Where is it? Who do you want to join you in your happy place? I just want you all to know that if you are ever feeling sad or lonely and can't find your happy place, you are always welcome in mine!

No comments: