Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tie-dyed Eggs

Saturday during the priesthood session my mom, Des and I decided to experiment and Tie-dye (literally) eggs for Easter. My mom found a tutorial online (I'd link to it for you, but well I'm just not savvy enough to know how to do that) for dying eggs with neck ties. Mind you, they have to be 100% silk, but the end result can be pretty cool...

 You wrap the eggs in the ties then wrap them in some other type of rag so that the colors don't run too much
 Then you boil them in water and vinegar for about 20 minutes
 And voila!
 Obviously some turned out better than others, but you can see the patterns from the ties on the eggs. SO COOL!

 Oh yeah, and Des made S'Mores cookies. Y.U.M.
I'm going to get fat living in Bountiful. Between Des' cooking, her great treats, Einstein's, Parson's, Kneaders, Pace's, Robintino's and Orange Leaf all within a 2-5 minute drive. I am so screwed!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

So I am guessing the ties are ruined once our done with them? i saw this idea and wanted to do it...thy are such pretty eggs.

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Those eggs are AWESOME!!!!! I'll have to try that with my kids sometime!

Brad and Jaclyn said...

Those eggs look really cool!!! And those cookies look divine!!! I gotta say Robintino's is one of my top favorite restaurants of all time! I love that place!!! Eat lots of it for me!! :)