Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 19

Day 19- A picture and a letter

Okay this doesn't really say who the letter should be written to so I'm going to write it to my daughter. (No comments on the butt shot, okay?!)
Dear Sasha,
When I came to this challenge in my 30 Days of Me blog posts I knew immediately which picture I wanted to use and who I wanted to write to. This is a picture of you on my back, climbing up a slide at Kangaroo Zoo. That was a fun night! But this isn't just a picture of a fun time you had with your mom, I think its kind of symbolic actually.
You have so much potential for your life. Right now you are only 2 years old and the possibilities for you are endless! And as much joy as there will be in your life (I will do my best to provide you with as much of it as I can) life is also an uphill climb, kind of like this slide. Sometimes you're going uphill and its hard. You might slip and fall or stumble a little bit, but you will always get back up. You  keep moving up until you reach your goal and you enjoy the thrill that it brings you as you slide along to your next challenge. But you are never alone. Just like in this picture I will always be there, climbing, slipping, stumbling and getting back up right there with you. Sometimes I will walk beside you or watch from behind, and other times you may need me to carry you on my back. I will be there to share any pains or heartaches you encounter and I will always be there to share in the joy of your triumphs. I love you so much and I am excited to be a part of the awesome adventure that is your life.
Love, Mom