Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crash

This is a warning to you all . . . I want you to back up your computers NOW! However you choose to do it doesn't matter, just do it! My laptop crashed about a week ago and I have lost every picture I have taken since January. I am so sad! Many of them are on my blog and some on FB, but there are many that are not. The worst part about it is that I love to look back through them periodically and see how much our lives have changed and we have grown. So do it now- go back up all your pictures, music, files, everything!!!
Though I'm sure my loss is nothing compared to the families that lost their homes to the fires in Herriman. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have everything you own completely destroyed. My heart goes out to those people, and anyone else who loses things to fire.

So life . . . life is good. Yes, Josh is still studying like a mad man. Is he studying too hard? Is he over analyzing? Maybe. But he is doing what he feels he has to do to prepare. So we're stickin by him!

Sasha is great! It seems like she learns a new word every day. Her current list is: shoes, more (her favorite) cheese, sorry, uh-oh, mommy, maw (Grandma), Da (dad), oh pretty, see, juice, where, kitty, and the list goes on. She no longer walks anywhere, she pretty much runs wherever she goes. She is getting way too big, way too fast. We thought for a minute there that we were going to have to get a toddler bed, but apparently falling out of the crib and landing flat on her back once was enough to cure her of wanting to crawl out. Whew. Cause I was not ready for the step to the toddler bed. Not even close.

I've already started planning her birthday party. I'm so excited!!! It's going to be a lot of fun. I'll be taking lots of pictures (and backing them up immediately!).

My work is good. I like my job and the people that I work with. The best thing has been not having to travel nearly as much as I used to. I don't mind doing some travel but I always miss my family like crazy. But I've been doing really well this year and though I still feel a little behind the curve, I'm catching up pretty quick.

So that is our update for now . . . :)

3 comments:

A3 said...

I am so sorry about your computer. Ours crashed when C was about 4 months old. I lost everything - her birth, blessing, etc. Thankfully, a neighbor was able to rescue quite a bit of them, but the majority were gone.

I used to be so strict about backing up to my external hard drive, but lately, I've been more relaxed about it. After reading your post, I got my butt in gear and backed everything up.

Glad everything else is going good! Tell Josh good luck on the next test!

Sowells said...

ya um remember when we gave that warning to all when we moved out here to NY and our laptop crashed and lost EVERYTHING!!!! So frustrating!!!! We feel your pain

Munchy's Mama said...

That bites! I'm so sorry!!