Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Remarkable Soul of a Woman

"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter and mold it into something of beauty. You might say, "I'm not the creative type. . ." If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are a spirit daughter of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn't it remarkable to think that your very spirit is fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? . . .But to what end were you created? You were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fulness of joy. Your birthright- and the purpose of your great voyage on this earth - is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways you find this is by creating things. . . . You may think you don't have talents, but that is a false assupmption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us. The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before. . .
What you create doesn't have to be perfect. Don't let fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you - whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I really loved this talk by Elder Uchtdorf. It really spoke to my heart and the way I feel sometimes. Some people think things like crafts or scrapbooking are hokey, podunk or lame. But they are not. I find so much joy in completing a scrapbook page to add to my book. I love looking back at those pages I have created, seeing the work I have done, as well as remembering the good times and memories that those pictures are made of. When I take a class at Heartland with Whitney, not only am I making something beautiful for my home or office, but I am strengthening a friendship with a wonderful, caring and beautiful woman. I also get to meet other wonderful, creative women that are kind enough to share their time and talents with me. I can't think of a better way to spend my time. Scraptacular days are so much fun, for the same reason. I get to create some beautiful things and spend time with some really great women. `

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

No comments: