Sunday, May 16, 2010

So Thankful Sunday

Today was probably one of the best Sunday's I've had in a while. They always go by way too fast, but this one was really good. It wasn't a particularly special day for any reason, but it has been a good one. We actually made it to church before the sacrament was passed, which is pretty much a miracle. Sasha was relatively calm and I actually got to listen to most of the talks. It was also Sasha's first day in nursery. I can't believe my little girl is already (almost) 18 months old! She did really well for her first day, too. She was a little overwhelmed at first just because there were lots of people in the room when we got there with all the parents dropping off their kiddos and a couple of them crying (kids, not parents). But I put her down and gave her some play-doh, then snuck out when she wasn't looking. We checked back a little later and she didn't seem to be missing us one bit! At the end of Sunday School I told Josh that my arms felt weird because they weren't snaking all over the place for the last hour trying to keep Sasha contained. And RS was awesome! We had a great lesson talking about prophets and I actually got to hear the entire lesson! It was fantastic!

After church we came home and Sasha went right down for a nice 3 hour nap without a single whine or whimper. Josh and I cuddled in the hammock for about half an hour until the home teachers came. After that Chris, Mandi, Colin and Deanna came over for dinner. I must say that I am becoming a master of the grill and could possibly even give my dad a run for his money when it comes to grilling steaks. (My dad grills THE BEST steaks ever! Eat your heart out Flemings and Ruth's Chris!) We had BBQ spare ribs, corn bread, pasta salad and green beans. It was yummy! Then we had S'Mores for dessert, cooked over the fire pit. We talked, played a game and had a pretty good time. At least I did. :)

At one point in the evening, as I was watching Sasha run around my backyard I had a sense of deja vu. I have pictured just such a scene many times before, before Sasha was born I pictured having kids run around the yard, eating under the trees, relaxing and being completely at peace. I am so thankful to have stopped to notice and recognize that life is turning out just as I had hoped. Maybe a few small details are different, but I really couldn't ask for a better life. I am truly blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for it.


1 comment:

Sowells said...

What she went to Nursery Already!?? Violette is jealous. Well she really isn't, I hope she does as good as her cousin did. I'm pretty sure Violette will cry - hopefully she'll prove me wrong!MMMmmm reading about your dinner made me hungry!