Monday, May 24, 2010

My latest project

Something must be in the air again . . . I've been getting crafty! A couple of weeks ago I had the urge to stop by the DI on my way home from visiting a client in Logan. I've been looking for a cupboard or small shelf of some kind to put in the living room for Sasha's toys. Anything I found at a store I just wasn't crazy about. And if I'm going to spend $50 or $60 on something, I had better be crazy about it! So I browsed the DI and found this:



It's a microwave shelf. At least that is what the sticker said. I didn't care, it was $10, still in one piece and in pretty good condition.

I removed the doors and the swivel top, sanded, primed, painted, sprayed on a second coat too thick so I had to re-sand, re=prime and re-paint. Then I found some cute paper at Heartland to mod podge on top. I also cut out two 10" lady bugs on my cricut for the doors. Here's the finished product. I absolutely love it! I was completely giddy when I finally had it all put together. And anytime someone comes over I HAVE to show it to them. I know, I'm goofy.


Total cost (since I had to buy some additional primer and paint) was under $40. Could have done it for under $30 if I hadn't messed up. But I guess that's the price of art, right?

My next project is a couple of nightstands that I found on that same trip to the DI. They're going to go in my bedroom as soon as I find the energy to get them all fixed up. Heaven only knows when that will be!


(Pardon the poor quality pics . . . I had to take them with my cell since my brother has my camera).

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It turned out super cute!!

Paige said...

It's so pretty! It doesn't even look like the same shelf. I'm so impressed. You can come to my house next.

Munchy's Mama said...

Check you out, crafty girl!! Impressive!

Brad Hyde Family said...

Good Job Linds! It looks darling!

Sierra said...

That turned out so well! I love the color:)