Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Job Update

Yes, I have a job! I actually got the offer a little bit ago, but we've been on vacation so I wasn't able to post. :S So, I will be working for a company called Fiserv. Most of you have no idea what company that is or what they do, but at least I won't have to explain that I work for Fidelity-not-Fidelity-Investments-but-a-different-Fidelity-that-does-banking-technology-stuff anymore. Fiserv is actually a competitor (the biggest) of my old company and they do pretty much the same stuff, just more of it. I'll be doing a little bit of sales but mostly supporting salespeople that do what I used to do . . . you know, extensive traveling, meeting with clients, meeting sales quota's, etc. I will be traveling much, much less, just to the occasional conference or user group meeting. I can work in the office or work from home, which is a very nice thing. It is a pay cut from what I used to get, but should hopefully be a stress cut as well so I don't mind. :) I start on January 4th and I'm excited. It will be great to have a new challenge and meet new people. I still miss a lot of my old co-workers, but hopefully they will still be nice to me, even though I'm "working for the enemy."

3 comments:

Tara said...

That's awesome! I like the stress cut (hopefully) the best! You deserve that!

Munchy's Mama said...

You go girl! That is awesome and sounds awesome!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
Which subsidary is it? CUSA, Summit, ....?

Shannon said...

Congrats. My bank uses Fiserv and we sometimes get visits from our SL rep. Maybe you can come too. :)