Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Sasha!

Someone at the party told me that if I keep up this level of party for my daughter, by her 18th birthday I'll be speaking to them all from the front of an airplane saying "Okay everyone, thank you for coming to Sasha's birthday party. Please buckle up and settle into the first class cabin. We'll be landing in Europe in about 17 hours." I didn't think I went that overboard! You be the judge. I had a great time putting everything together and I think it turned out to be pretty fun.

I love this banner! I think it will be used for many birthdays to come!

My friend Lindsay W. made the delicious cake and cupcakes. I made the cute little pics on my cricut. I am so in love with these! I had to save some for the scrapbook. :) (If you click on the Bombolo Creations button on the right side of my blog it will take you to her blog. She makes some amazing cakes!!)
My flat-top cake pops.

Before the "destruction"I had hoped that she would dive in and make a huge mess of this cake, splattering it all over the walls, the floor, herself. No. Instead my daughter starts to pick the white frosting snowflakes off the top of the cake . . .
I finally had to dig her hands in there myself and it still didn't get that messy.
She got lots of great presents from her friends and family. Thanks everyone!
Grandma DeEtte gave Sasha her first piece of luggage. I love it!
Just about everyone at the party.
Thanks to everyone that came. My little girl sure is loved!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday little Sasha!!! I miss seeing her when I pick up Ethan at Ilona's! Your banner turned out super cute!!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Sasha! Looks like it was a fun party ... and what a cute banner!

Brad Hyde Family said...

I love it! I can't believe she is 1! It seems like yesterday I held her in the hospital! They grow up way too fast!-and then they learn to talk--oh i love being a parent!

John and Stef said...

Cute birthday post!! Looks like it was a lot of work and a lot of fun! We'll be in Disney this Monday and Tuesday (7th and 8th). Sorry to miss you, Sasha will have a blast! I can't wait to see your Disney pics.

Tara said...

So cute! She is getting so big and it looks like you threw an amazing party!!

Sowells said...

What a fun party! Maybe some year we can have a joint cousin party. Happy Birthday!

Jenn said...

I love your decorations! Isn't the cricut one of THE greatest inventions! Sasha is sooo cute. I can't believe how old she looks!!

Munchy's Mama said...

Wow,super-cute and amazing detail!! Very elegant 1st b-day, Happy Birthday Sasha!