Thursday, January 7, 2010

Job Update

I have an office! That's right, an actual OFFICE with four walls and, get this- a door! A door that locks! I feel so grown up and professional now!
Okay, I'm through being a nerd. But really, my new job is great so far. I started on Monday the 4th. It's been pretty slow this week, but next week is chock full of training so I'm looking forward to that. Everyone in the office has been very nice and helpful. The only sad part is not having anyone to eat lunch with. :( I got so used to going to lunch with Vickie, Kevin and Brian everyday that it's a little lonely from noon to 1 now. But I'll be fine. I'm really excited to dive in and really get to work. It's kind of nice to have a change, afterall I worked for the same company for 11 years.
In other news, Josh unfortunately did not pass his first exam for the CPA. He retakes it in a couple of weeks and we're keeping our fingers crossed. He wasn't feeling too bad about himself though. Apparently only 10% of people who take the CPA pass all the exams with one try. Hopefully he will have it all done by July.
Sasha is almost walking! The most she has taken is 7 steps, she usually does 3 or 4 then drops to her knees and crawls. She is getting so close! I think that going back to day care two days a week will help push her along. She started out really slow on crawling but it seemed like in a couple weeks at Ilona's she really took off. So hopefully we will see her cruising around in no time! Lilly still watches her 3 days a week. As long as my MIL is around I will always be number 2 in Sasha's eyes. This morning I was holding her before I left for work and Lilly came in the door. Sasha got so excited. Then started to cry when Lilly walked into the kitchen and she couldn't see her anymore. Even though I was right there holding her! It's just nice to know that she is always with people that love her.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Just remember that Sasha will always know who her mommy is! Even though she has other special people in her life too.

Things to do at lunch... Read! I hold my book open with something heavy so I can be most efficient while eating (I only take 30 minutes though too!). Or you could eat really fast and go shopping! Are there any good stores near you? Back when I had 1 hr lunches, I'd go up to Mervyn's or Paper Creations.

Munchy's Mama said...

You could always "slum" during your lunch and drop by :-)

Glad to hear it's going well!!

And Sasha just about walkin', go girl!